Thread: August 2019 Challenge: Pyriel

Default August 2019 Challenge: Pyriel

Hi everyone it's been a little while since my last challenge but this one seemed like a lot of fun! I realized now that I should have taken a screen shot of my random generator... or save the whole list of options... I only saved the one I decided to use.

Pyriel, a hallowed realm of emerald fields and seas of light, illuminated by three golden suns. The realm is the domain of Mikha, a deity of freedom, and is populated by nymphs.

I was really inspired to make a detailed frame based off this prompt. I also love that I can make this really mystical, and have fun with colors!

Working on line work so far...

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pyriel.png 
Views:	71 
Size:	9.05 MB 
ID:	117056

Oh nice start! Your mountains look great, and I'm loving the detail around the borders.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

Lovely lineart so far! If there is one thing I'd criticize it's that the outline of the landmass is way to thick in comparison to the rest of the lineart, but that's just me nitpicking.

Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
    Oh nice start! Your mountains look great, and I'm loving the detail around the borders.
    Thank you! I wish I had more time to do more details!

Quote Originally Posted by Wired View Post
    Lovely lineart so far! If there is one thing I'd criticize it's that the outline of the landmass is way to thick in comparison to the rest of the lineart, but that's just me nitpicking.
    Thank you Wired, I did do a thicker line for the landmass, I've been playing arounds with some differently things... maybe I played too much..

Wow, This month flew by! I unfortunately didn't have as much time to work on this map as I had originally thought I would have but I did get a chance to put some color and such into it and have a "finished" map look even though it's not exactly as detailed as I was planning on it being.... Regardless I had fun... It's midnight though and I have to work all day tomorrow so I'm calling this map done for the challenge.

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pyriel.2.png 
Views:	47 
Size:	8.27 MB 
ID:	117345

Guild Expert Guild Supporter aeshnidae's Avatar

Sounds like this month flew by for a lot of us! I love your borders, especially the waves. It reminds me of The Great Wave off Kanagawa. I hope you'll finish and share it, even if the challenge is over. It's such a beautiful map.

I have yet to find the right width for a lot of my lines. I need to force myself to go thinner.

Find me on
    DeviantArt