Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: August 2019 Challenge: Tomb of the Damor Fellowship

Default August 2019 Challenge: Tomb of the Damor Fellowship

As I mentioned in the Challenge Announcement thread, I doubt that I will have the time to finish this to the extent that I want. I should be able to finish it enough to satisfy the prompt I've decided to use, but as I have started to piece this together, I've started to envision something a bit more grand than a simple tomb.

I had originally thought to do something along the same style as J.Edwards Tomb of Aznurhradi map, but knowing that I have a better than average chance of losing work time on this to time at work, I've opted for an old school/classic approach instead.

And so I present....

The Tomb of the Damor Fellowship.

The Prompt
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Prompts.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	165.5 KB 
ID:	117057

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	TotDF WIP 001.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	422.1 KB 
ID:	117058
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

Nice start. Clean and attractive. I hope you can find the time to develop it how you want.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Except to add a few nick-nacks to each of the sarcophigal (is that a word?) chambers and perhaps something to show that this is at ground level, I think I can call this portion of the tomb done. Clearly, as indicated by the stairs, there is at least one lower level to the tomb. My next phase.

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	TotDF WIP 002.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	439.3 KB 
ID:	117075
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Okay, got some "dungeon dressing" done along with a bit of movement and reorientation of a few things and feel like this level is finally done. It isn't quite as crisp and clean as I would like it to be, but it will have to do for now.

On a side note, this project is spawning a crazy number of ideas (my Achilles heel of sorts) that may result in significant expansion in the future. For now, I am tucking those ideas away in a text file so that I don't forget about (or get distracted by) them.

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	TotDF WIP 003.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	660.1 KB 
ID:	117081
    GW

Neat, looks kinda space agey too with the color scheme.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

Thanks Tiana.

So I am really struggling with the distractions. I keep getting hit by ideas for expanding this, and I so very much want to start working those ideas in. Sadly, if I did that, I'd have no chance of getting this done by the end of the challenge.

"You must remain disciplined my young (well, old actually) wolf."

Anyways, managed to get some work done on the first sub-level. Moderately happy with it, but think it could be better if I wasn't worried about losing time on this to work and rushing to get it done.

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	TotDF WIP 101.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	257.0 KB 
ID:	117085
    GW

Okay, so the good news is that I've put together enough ideas that I could potentially turn this into a mini campaign adventure of sorts. But with good news also comes bad news. If I try to do that right now, I'd have to work on this 24/7 to get it done before the deadline. Thus, a minor reboot...

Going to concentrate on the upper tomb (pseudo shrine/temple) and see if I can at least get it done. Reshaped things a little bit, and came up with better looking sarcophagi (at least in my opinion). The "big blue dots" are going to be (hopefully) individualized statues of each member of the Fellowship, and the "big blue square" will be (again, hopefully) a map of Damor upon which the statues are watching over. Got lots of work to accomplish still, but unless things go horribly wrong at work, I might still have a realistic shot at getting this finished.

### Latest WIP ####

Name:	TotDF WIP 201.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	1.85 MB 
ID:	117134
    GW

Not nearly as much done as I'd like but a little progress is better than none, I suppose. Added pedestals for the statues and took a shot at the town map on the floor. Am thinking I might try to give it a bit of a mosaic feel, but not completely sure about that.

Sadly, I think I used to be so much better at these "dungeon style" maps. At least that's what my players always said back in the day.

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	TotDF WIP 202.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	2.00 MB 
ID:	117250
    GW

That's a lot of town mapping for a tomb map! It's like you're making yourself do two maps in one!

Oh the town part was easy, let RPG City Mapmaker generate the town and just sized it to fit. Tiny bit of editing to clean it up a bit and done. What's killing me is trying to draw individualized statues from a top down perspective and making them distinct from one another.

Edit: And this was, originally, going to be like seven pieces.... Tomb, two sub-levels, a linked three level cavern complex and the town. Yes, yes, I very often bite off WAAAAAY more than I can chew.
    Last edited by Greason Wolfe; 08-25-2019 at 09:34 PM.
    GW

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast