Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Illum Commission

This is stunning and inspiring! My favorite detail is the ship in the desert, super cool work!

amazing piece of art! The borders blends perfectly with the map and really adds something to an already brillant work.

Ooh, wonderful to see this finished! I may have gone with slightly stronger contrast for the colors, but the layout is absolute killer. That border, I'm in love!
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Amazing! Everything is well thought and masterly done. You've developed a particular way of shading/coloring that is doing wonders.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingshaw View Post
    I watched this map evolve over on IG, and I must say: you've created a beauty! Not surprising that you make such a nice map, of course, but I would like to see some more of your work...

Wingshaw
    Thank you Wingshaw, this was a really fun project and I am happy to say I will be working on more maps for the same client in the weeks ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Pomb View Post
    It's a keeper! Can't wait to see more of your work @arsheesh it's pretty inspiring. I really enjoyed going back into the WIP and checking how it got refined from the rough.
    Thank you very much Pomb, I appreciate the kind words.

Quote Originally Posted by Adfor View Post
    This is stunning and inspiring! My favorite detail is the ship in the desert, super cool work!
    Thanks, I'm glad you like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Francissimo View Post
    amazing piece of art! The borders blends perfectly with the map and really adds something to an already brillant work.
    Thank you, it was a challenge to figure out a border scheme for this piece, but one I very much enjoyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellerica View Post
    Ooh, wonderful to see this finished! I may have gone with slightly stronger contrast for the colors, but the layout is absolute killer. That border, I'm in love!
    Thanks Kellerica.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Amazing! Everything is well thought and masterly done. You've developed a particular way of shading/coloring that is doing wonders.
    Thanks very much Illanthar, I'm glad you like it.

Thanks again everyone for the feedback.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Really insteresting format ! I have to try that once... I love all the elements, especially the cities and the "lovely" illustration at the bottom ! Thanks for sharing this beauty !
    (I also love the evolution from south to north and the way you changed scale !)

Super cool. Love the border on this. It's all kinds of interesting. The map does kind of leave you wanting more (which is always a good thing, imo) with how it seems as though you are looking thru a window down on the landscape. Nice job!
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

I would not be surprised if you told me you press printed the map on a metal sheet and then paintsprayed it. Or maybe it could be an enameled piece from the 1910's It is that good !

Refreshingly different with the unusual size and some stunningly gorgeous details; my favorite are all those bats!

Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
    Really insteresting format ! I have to try that once... I love all the elements, especially the cities and the "lovely" illustration at the bottom ! Thanks for sharing this beauty !
    (I also love the evolution from south to north and the way you changed scale !)
    Thank you very much JO, I appreciate your kind feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxilon View Post
    Super cool. Love the border on this. It's all kinds of interesting. The map does kind of leave you wanting more (which is always a good thing, imo) with how it seems as though you are looking thru a window down on the landscape. Nice job!
    It's always a great thrill to here that your work inspires the imaginations of others, especially when they are your friends.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasR View Post
    I would not be surprised if you told me you press printed the map on a metal sheet and then paintsprayed it. Or maybe it could be an enameled piece from the 1910's It is that good !
    I'm flattered to here you think so highly of this piece Thomas. Thanks my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by OUdaveguy98 View Post
    Refreshingly different with the unusual size and some stunningly gorgeous details; my favorite are all those bats!
    Thanks, I had a lot of fun drawing them. Sort of felt like drawing something out of a Batman comic.

Thanks again everyone for all the kind words.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12