Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: My Animated Battle Maps of land, villages and towns. (A Patreon Project)

Guild Member

Map My Animated Battle Maps of land, villages and towns. (A Patreon Project)

For my campaign i am building 3d topdown animated battle maps of whole areas so the players can wander freely (ish <-- the GM in me ), and thought i would share them with others.

They come in still 1920x1080 png tiles, 1920x1080 mp4's or in the form of a APP i am devloping with pan and zoom, grid and day night controls (next orbit view to help playes see the land, and try interiors of selected buildings)

The Village of Ryegat (River Gate)
    So far i have built a small village with a tavern, mill and some houses that i am othering all levels to all sponsers so you can see the app. The vilage in my game has 5 ways in/out and is where my players can stop for the night on thier long quest grab some food and a brew at the village tavern and a bed for the night with the horses feed and watered while they can ponder which way next. or murder all the locals and burn down the mill.. i will let you know .

The Walled Town
    Also i have drawn a medium walled town, that took 86 png tiles of 56 mp4 versions to split up. So visit the market or the Gatehouse Tavern, or maybe you want to storm the castle and take it for your own, or pick pockets in the back alleyways, its your choice as the whole town is there.

I want to add more sounds and animated objects but so far my players are enjoying them and i have another city in the pipeline plus other ideas

Many thanks

see my patreon page. and sorry for spelling as midly dyslexic
    https://www.patreon.com/RPGLandMaps

and last but not least a video

https://youtu.be/siKYjPw28fg

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

That is incredible! What programs do you use to make these?

Guild Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wired View Post
    That is incredible! What programs do you use to make these?

Thanks.. they are drawn in components using autocad, 3dsmax and photoshop to texture and unity for the 3d game engine...

I got orbit control working so i can pan around the city as players go anywhere and switch back to top down when i need a encounter (aka murder in the alleyway )

Blog Entries

Yes, incredible ! The most impressive first post I can ever recall.

What I like about these is that not only is it superb in its technical sense - the rendering and the textures, but also the layout of the town, the style of the houses and the architecture are all pretty accurate and sensible too. The bastions and towers on the castle match up to those I see, spiked merlons on the outside walls but no spikes on the inside is correct, and the houses in the towns are terraced and not like most of the maps here where they are all individual which is highly unlikely but much easier to draw. You must have put in some research into medieval town layout and architecture.

Redrobes covered what I want to say. Both of them are really incredible pieces of work.

Guild Member

Quote Originally Posted by Falconius View Post
    Redrobes covered what I want to say. Both of them are really incredible pieces of work.
    Thanks... must upload a video of in game (table top) play showing pan and zoom around and day and night control ..

Guild Member

Quote Originally Posted by Falconius View Post
    thanks... not sure if last post worked (or i am still one all posts need to be moderated, as new) Doh it did
    Last edited by rpglandmaps; 08-20-2019 at 11:53 AM.

Guild Member

Added Orbit View to my App..

But i thought you might apreciate the water wheel (under shot as old crap one) and also Notice Chimney Smoke, its animated as is water wheel..
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	YFGcuBL.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	204.2 KB 
ID:	117129

ooooh and night view

Name:	wr8vt2X.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	125.8 KB 
ID:	117130

Guild Member

Another Update. Been Working alot in back end on app to get orbit view working to 90% and also some finishing work on the next city i need for my roleplay campain..

Norye (North River End)

Name:	RiAo2qm.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	223.1 KB 
ID:	117176

Sits on the coast high on the cliffs, It is a rich and prosperous town born on trade and so well placed it hasn't woried about war for a long time

I wanted to put a bit of fantasy into to this one (hence wizards tower, and more fairy tail looking towers). I also used a differnet paving from the first city and changed the roof type on the building, to give it a distinct look

And also create a few spaces to help tell stories, like the main bridge, and dock side with its lifting cranes

Name:	x5VnNzW.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	211.8 KB 
ID:	117177

Name:	vdULVCT.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	144.2 KB 
ID:	117178

The Hoist platfrom also swings back and forth in the wind to add to animations and aslo tease players to jump on to it (its 30M+ ...... )

bit more work to do but so far so good

Impressive to say the least, I quite envy your ability to fabricate in the manner that you do.

You've really piqued the interests of many with your style, myself included, I'm going to keep a close eye on these!

I really admire how you use so many mediums, cheers!

IR

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast