Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Aug/Sept '19 Lite Challenge: Map a Song!

Post Aug/Sept '19 Lite Challenge: Map a Song!

Aug/Sept '19 Lite Challenge: Map a Song!

This month's Challenge is to create a map based on a song. Preferably a well known song so everyone else will understand what you are doing. If you wish to use an obscure song, or an original song of your own, please post a link to it or at least to the lyrics. The map can relate to any aspect of the song. If you choose "Puff the Magic Dragon", you can map the land of Honahlee. A few years ago I used the Ballad of Davy Crockett and mapped The Alamo. So many good songs, so many possibilities.

Win a silver compass, they are worth their weight in silver!

The Challenge will run until the end of the day on the 14th of September, (Midnight eastern daylight time between the 14th and 15th, more or less, depending on when I can get to the computer to start the voting) and then there will be 3 days of voting. Someone is going to win a Silver Compass, it could be you!

As usual, title your threads: "Aug/Sept '19 Lite Challenge: << your title here >> "

Don't forget to put the hashtag: ### Latest WIP ### in front of all WIP pictures, and especially in front of your final map. And don't forget, there is a WIP button that automatically posts this for you. Try it, You'll like it!

And remember, if you put more than one image on the same post, only one of them gets picked up.

The Challenge will run from August 19th until end of day September 14th

Quick rules reminder: The Lite Challenge is open to anyone who has not already won 3 Silver compasses, 1 Gold Compass, or been selected as a featured Cartographer's Choice Map.
    Also, the map has to be started on or after the first day of the challenge, no reusing older maps even if they were not finished.

This was a very popular challenge a few years ago, get in there, you don't want to miss this one!

CLARIFICATION:
    The connection of song to map should be clearly stated, and if it is even a little bit obscure then a link to the song would be a good idea.
    Last edited by Bogie; 08-22-2019 at 06:33 PM.

Ohhh, I like that! I'll probably spend till September 13th to pick a song and then rush the map on the last day

Would it be possible to see the previous entries? My google fu is not helping me here and I'd like to do something original, not pick a song that was done before.

Definitely a very interesting challenge. I already have some songs in mind, time to work!

Paint it black, by the Rolling Stones:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	black.png 
Views:	23 
Size:	1.3 KB 
ID:	117111

We have a winner!
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Quote Originally Posted by Hussar View Post
    Would it be possible to see the previous entries? My google fu is not helping me here and I'd like to do something original, not pick a song that was done before.
    Here is a link to the Voting post from Jan 2017 you can see all the songs that were used.
    https://www.cartographersguild.com/s...ad.php?t=36811

This sounds like such a fun challenge! Hoping that this month I can carve out some time to join in. Good luck everyone.

Love the theme! I may even have time to join for once.

Quick question: I'm guessing "concept album" would count as well? Or must it be one song?

Quote Originally Posted by BrassArt View Post
    Quick question: I'm guessing "concept album" would count as well? Or must it be one song?
    If you can figure out a way to make it work, go for it!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast