Thread: Gomboust

Map Gomboust

Put together this sample map for a new brush set, and I'm thrilled with how it turned out. (More details can be found in the Mapping Elements subforum—thread is here if you're interested.)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	examplemap_gomboust_color.png 
Views:	112 
Size:	9.30 MB 
ID:	117126

I tend to focus more on regional maps, so changing it up was refreshing. As for color, I was focused on mimicking the haphazard approach to colorization common in the 17th century. The palette choice is loosely based on an old poverty map of London, and I think it works well here although I wielded it differently.

Haha, it looks amazing ! A bit crazy, but it's what's good ^^
    Good job, Alexander. With your brushes in general, but with those ones in particular : no doubt it was very, very challenging to find elements matching eachothers !

Quote Originally Posted by MistyBeee View Post
    With your brushes in general, but with those ones in particular : no doubt it was very, very challenging to find elements matching eachothers !
    Thanks so much. I think the hard part about city maps is how buildings (especially in medieval/fantasy settings) were very much built for their specific location. So when finding a map with elements that could be used for other cities is starts to become difficult. This one ended up working well. It's quirky but in an engaging way — so many amazing little details.

Quote Originally Posted by DrWho42 View Post
    i love the colour palette!
    #ECA253 - Rough Orange
    #496F7A - Gray Blue
    #DA4638 - Hot Red
    #302B27 - Inky Gray
    #CA5B28 - Church Red

There are a few others but I'll have to add them later when I am at home.