Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: World of Thra (Dark Crystal): WIP

If you don't mind me asking, what colored pencils are you using? I've been on the Prismacolor train for a very long time, and seeing your recent update has me curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Adfor View Post
    If you don't mind me asking, what colored pencils are you using? I've been on the Prismacolor train for a very long time, and seeing your recent update has me curious.
    I am using Faber Castell’s Polychromos. After trying a few other brands over the last couple of years, from cheaper (Bruynzeel) to expensive (Caran d’Ache), I am really sattisfied with these. And a big plus for me is that I can buy each color seperately at my favorite shop.
    For me ‘try before I buy’ is a rule of thumb when selecting/buying my pencils, liners and paints. Prismacolor is not availlable in a shop where I live so never tried those

Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    I am using Faber Castell’s Polychromos. After trying a few other brands over the last couple of years, from cheaper (Bruynzeel) to expensive (Caran d’Ache), I am really sattisfied with these. And a big plus for me is that I can buy each color seperately at my favorite shop.
    For me ‘try before I buy’ is a rule of thumb when selecting/buying my pencils, liners and paints. Prismacolor is not availlable in a shop where I live so never tried those
    I'll have to give them a try then, they look like they lay down very smoothly. I'm just starting to really expand my horizons on mediums, so I try to let my curiosity run free, thanks for the reply.

A few new WIP photo’s.

The last bit of the North-Western area was created on pure speculation and an ounce of artistic freedom.
    There isn’t that much information about the area the Sifa clan lives in other than a tiny tiny corner on the Productionmap. It’s showing some yellow, indicating a ‘desertlike’ environment (I assume since it’s also used to indicate other desserts) and one scene in the series showing the Northern coast with some boats and low grasslike vegetation on the shore.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7094E71A-342D-4485-90A6-372C7EE9F3B0.jpeg 
Views:	27 
Size:	3.00 MB 
ID:	117460

Name:	A339CEF5-6414-4B33-90D9-4DC047335D7B.jpeg 
Views:	30 
Size:	3.42 MB 
ID:	117461

Name:	71D52577-E5CC-410D-A527-84D7489A5DA5.jpeg 
Views:	29 
Size:	3.59 MB 
ID:	117462

Name:	C52F08BA-F254-413E-AECE-319CA01EAA8E.jpeg 
Views:	28 
Size:	3.67 MB 
ID:	117464

Name:	B28433AA-243B-418A-B5EB-C976C5F4C9A8.jpeg 
Views:	30 
Size:	3.41 MB 
ID:	117463

I did not post this on my instagram but I want to share it here.
    (Been having having the feeling of doing something ‘wrong’ by making this fanart map for a couple of days. I contacted the Hensoncomp. to ask if I needed permission but didn’t get any answers yet)
    A photo of the whole WIP map thusfar:

Name:	B215DA74-AE5D-41F0-B433-EE26007A3659.jpeg 
Views:	47 
Size:	679.0 KB 
ID:	117465
    Last edited by Marc; 09-07-2019 at 05:23 AM.

Latest update and hopefully a better picture.
    Added the Silver Sea and the Legend which will be used to explain certain areas:

Name:	BAF91116-9A14-428F-B9D5-A29D4F9D5243.jpeg 
Views:	73 
Size:	2.71 MB 
ID:	117472

That is beautiful, Marc

You're going to have a masterpiece here if you keep this up, extravagant skills!

Cheers!

IR

Blog Entries

Very cool indeed. Not sure if you might have answered this already but with those coloured pencils, are you able to rub them out and are you able to add water too them to turn them into water colour paints ?

Beautiful work!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chashio View Post
    That is beautiful, Marc
    Thank you Chas!

Quote Originally Posted by Adfor View Post
    You're going to have a masterpiece here if you keep this up, extravagant skills!

Cheers!

IR
    Thank you, doing my best to keep it up

Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
    Very cool indeed. Not sure if you might have answered this already but with those coloured pencils, are you able to rub them out and are you able to add water too them to turn them into water colour paints ?
    Thanks Red I think you need the acquarel version of the pencils to work with water, I am pretty sure you can use a medium(terpentine, thinnner etc.) with any kind of pencils though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    Beautiful work!!
    Thank you kindly Bogie

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast