Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Practice - Prailon

This is a wonderful little map. I really like the border insets and the unique map elements (such as the keep and compass). Nicely illustrated. This is not a criticism so much as a suggestion: the width of your linework is the same throughout the piece, I think that varying the weight of your lines a bit more, and tapering it in places (e.g. such as at the ends of the dune lines) would only serve to further enhance your linework.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Excellent work, with a very nice hatching render on the frame.

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Beautiful ideas, very well realized! The vignettes in the corners are beautiful!
    I really like your science of detail, and as such, it seems to me that if I had to make a comment on this map, it would be about adding details in the mountains: maybe a few fine lines, to give relief?
    That's the only point I see you could improve: the whole map is really very beautiful.

I have no critic. I think you've got a solid personal style and everything works really well together. I hope to see more from you Great map !

Quote Originally Posted by arsheesh View Post
    This is a wonderful little map. I really like the border insets and the unique map elements (such as the keep and compass). Nicely illustrated. This is not a criticism so much as a suggestion: the width of your linework is the same throughout the piece, I think that varying the weight of your lines a bit more, and tapering it in places (e.g. such as at the ends of the dune lines) would only serve to further enhance your linework.
    Thanks arsheesh! I agree with that, I'll definitely work some line weight into the next map.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Excellent work, with a very nice hatching render on the frame.
    Thank you Ilanthar.

Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
    Beautiful ideas, very well realized! The vignettes in the corners are beautiful!
    I really like your science of detail, and as such, it seems to me that if I had to make a comment on this map, it would be about adding details in the mountains: maybe a few fine lines, to give relief?
    That's the only point I see you could improve: the whole map is really very beautiful.
    Thanks for the kind words JO! I think it's a good suggestion, since drawing this one I've seen some hatching techniques on maps that implement what you suggest and it looks great! I'll give the next one the same treatment and see how it works out.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasR View Post
    I have no critic. I think you've got a solid personal style and everything works really well together. I hope to see more from you Great map !
    Thanks ThomasR! I'm really bad at posting wip and updates, here's hoping for better posting routine.

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

Lovely map, very good lineart!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12