Thread: August 2019 Challenge: Karne

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default August 2019 Challenge: Karne

Hello guys,
    it's great to see many familiar participants and some new faces gathered here for this challenge! I'm joining you in the last minute - because I simply love doing speed mapping of some crazy fun idea from everybody's favorite Fantasy Random Generator

Here is the prompt I'm going after:

Karne, an ancient world of endless stairs filled with evil shrines and altars. The world is populated by dragons and other powerful magical creatures.

As usual, I'm aiming to create a map usable for a tabletop RPG adventure and this prompt just invites to be mapped as a large dungeon with some dark and evil iconography. To start this thread, I'm posting just the basic construction of the Karne temple complex, everything done in Photoshop CS3 on A3 (42x29.7 cm) international paper size document (at 300 dpi). Constructing the layout of Karne took me about 24 hours total, so I guess I'll have some line art to show in a day or two...

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Karne 01.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	3.44 MB 
ID:	117241

"So, adventurers, you hope to find the lost temples of Karne? Has it ever occurred to you that some places should stay lost?"
    - Augusta Morn, the Principal Archivist of the Order of the Sealkeepers -
    Last edited by Shall Teclex; 08-25-2019 at 08:42 AM.