Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lands of Oneira [commission]

Map Lands of Oneira [commission]

I recently had the pleasure of working for our own, MistyBeee.
    I worked on her story world of Oneira. She's done some locations from her world, but I'm not sure if she has ever shown the whole world before.
    So I was honored to work with her on this Skenara-styled version and hope you enjoy it.
    Skenara - and others in the style The Midlands - Thylea - Pelmora

It is available for a limited time from me as a print over on my INPRNT shop -
    https://www.inprnt.com/gallery/j.ste...nds-of-oneira/
    So definitely grab a copy while you can.

There will be close-ups posted to my social media sites later today, so look out for those.
    You can find all of those links here - https://www.imaginebetterworlds.com/mylinks
    It's been a busy few weeks. I was glad to be able to get my challenge map done in time.
    Have a great week, everyone. Cheers, J

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lands of Oneira 2019 by jstevenson.jpg 
Views:	2899 
Size:	1.73 MB 
ID:	117270

OH WOW. A triumphant collaboration indeed! So many details here to savor--the subtle serpents in the border, the gentle grid, the epic title banner! I will be tracking down those close-ups!

I was waiting for you to post this up here, I couldn't fully appreciate it on Instagram. I think I'll need a few days to soak it all in, It's truly masterful piece. I love it.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

The level of detail is amazing. I like the style you use for the mountains and all of the tiny ships. Mistybeee sure chose an amazing style for this map!

It was a long time expected project
    Long years ago, as I still used to be a silent lurker here, Oni had first the idea to offer me a series of maps of Oneira as Christmas gifts, once a year, drawn by favorite map makers. The idea had to be delayed for some reason, slighly changed its shape, but we finally started it. The best way to combine our love for Oneira, our passion for maps, and to support artists we love.

And... and... look at it ! Now, there's no way I could map it again, or map it as good. I'm just unable to stop smiling and jumping and dancing and staring at it.
    My biggest, deepest thank you, J. Both for the map, which will be the star of our house for a long while, and the amazing conversations while you were working on it !

Damn, that's a nice map. Though you sell yourself short, Mistybeee. You make nice ones too.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

As I said before on Instagram, this map is juste awesome :-))))

Quote Originally Posted by LizardInk View Post
    OH WOW. A triumphant collaboration indeed! So many details here to savor--the subtle serpents in the border, the gentle grid, the epic title banner! I will be tracking down those close-ups!
    Thanks Jess
    I posted some yesterday, but will post some more today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pomb View Post
    I was waiting for you to post this up here, I couldn't fully appreciate it on Instagram. I think I'll need a few days to soak it all in, It's truly masterful piece. I love it.
    Thanks Pomb
    I know what you mean. IG pics are usually too small.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arimel View Post
    The level of detail is amazing. I like the style you use for the mountains and all of the tiny ships. Mistybeee sure chose an amazing style for this map!
    Thanks Arimel
    I enjoyed adding those little ships.
    Quote Originally Posted by MistyBeee View Post
    It was a long time expected project
    Long years ago, as I still used to be a silent lurker here, Oni had first the idea to offer me a series of maps of Oneira as Christmas gifts, once a year, drawn by favorite map makers. The idea had to be delayed for some reason, slighly changed its shape, but we finally started it. The best way to combine our love for Oneira, our passion for maps, and to support artists we love.

And... and... look at it ! Now, there's no way I could map it again, or map it as good. I'm just unable to stop smiling and jumping and dancing and staring at it.
    My biggest, deepest thank you, J. Both for the map, which will be the star of our house for a long while, and the amazing conversations while you were working on it !

It was a pleasure to work on this with you and Oni.
    And such a wonderful premise as well, to work with other artists and support the community.
    That is so totally the spirit of the Guild.

You will map Oneira again, and it will be gorgeous.
    I also hope others will take up the challenge when it is presented.
    I'd love to see all the different versions.
    I'm glad I was able to visit Oneira and wander around for a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiana View Post
    Damn, that's a nice map. Though you sell yourself short, Mistybeee. You make nice ones too.
    Thanks Tiana
    And you're right, Beee makes exquisite maps.
    She is exagerating. ;p
    Quote Originally Posted by Onirian View Post
    As I said before on Instagram, this map is juste awesome :-))))
    Thanks Oni
    I was happy to work with you both.
    And... you are such a romantic. Maps for Christmas... )
    An excellent gift idea more people should follow.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisCB View Post
    That's an amazin map, you know that !
    Thank you Chris

Is the map an absolutely gorgeous piece? Of course it is, it's a J. map! Wonderful mapping, J!
    I love this style of his...always inspiring my imagination of the places we see.

It's still a bit weird to me that someone with the skills of Beee is commissioning maps ^^ (no offense meant with this, it's just a feeling of surprise on my part)

And yes, I'd indeed love to see how she does map her own world!
    And more maps from the same world but by different artists is always great to behold (imho and ymmv, of course). So here's another one (like J himself) who'd like to see more versions
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast