Thread: Make different Map Projections

Blog Entries

Info Make different Map Projections

Hello, folks!

I'm sure a lot of you already know about this software, but I thought I'd share.

https://www.giss.nasa.gov/tools/gprojector/

G Projector allows you to import a "map" (any image) and display the map in various map projections.

You need to start with a "rectangular" shape map, but I've made multiple images work.

I do have one complaint and that is it will not allow me to save the maps as images anymore. It worked fine when I first installed it, but not now. I have to print as a PDF to view the map outside of G Projector. That is the only problem I've had with it.

Hope you find this useful.

Thanks!

When you select the ''save map as'' it let you choose between different file format like gif, png, jpeg.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Azélor View Post
    When you select the ''save map as'' it let you choose between different file format like gif, png, jpeg.
    That's not the problem, on the Save window I can't select anything. It's like it is frozen, but it's not. I can hit cancel, but it will not let me change the file type or name the file. It was working fine when I first downloaded it. I just downloaded and installed the updated version, but it still doesn't work.

It's ok, I guess. These maps are just for my reference, so I will continue to print to PDF unless someone here gives me any other ideas to try.

Thanks for responding Azélor.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Azélor View Post
    Ok, so nevermind... I stepped away from my computer for a few minutes and I accientally left the Save window open and then I was able to select stuff. I tried it again and there is about 1-2 minute delay before it will let me select anything on the Save window.

Anyway, Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by wthrasherb View Post
    Hello, folks!

I'm sure a lot of you already know about this software, but I thought I'd share.

https://www.giss.nasa.gov/tools/gprojector/

G Projector allows you to import a "map" (any image) and display the map in various map projections.

You need to start with a "rectangular" shape map, but I've made multiple images work.

I do have one complaint and that is it will not allow me to save the maps as images anymore. It worked fine when I first installed it, but not now. I have to print as a PDF to view the map outside of G Projector. That is the only problem I've had with it.

Hope you find this useful.

Thanks!
    So I know it's a shameless plug , but Other World Mapper lets you transform your map across several projections (so not just the output/image, but the actual objects).

We did a post about it on our subreddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/otherworldm...ons_and_world/

- Alejandro