Thread: Tillerz - first map try

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip Tillerz - first D&D world map try (update for steps 8-13)

Hello,

I am not the pro when it comes to drawing, so I started with a planet generator action for photoshop as a base, where you can select the texture being used for 4 different layers, and set something like a height limit/water level for each. This is a shrunk down version of the original 8000x8000 pixel surface (therefore a bit blurry):

See full map here: full map (3MB)

CURRENT MAP in each post is the link to the FULL map to see after each editing step I have done.

The part of the original map I chose for my editing is a bit smaller than 4K display size:

selection (4MB)

Detail:

This is the foundation for my changes, that part looked the most interesting to mee.

The tools I am using for editing:

• Base map generated with CosmicPack3 actions for PS
    • Photoshop CC
    • FilterForge 8 for PS
    • Roll20 Marketplace Icon Sets

Backstory idea: as the base texture used for the land masses has those big round craters on it, my idea is that those are remnants from the "Clash of the Titans" or something, impact craters of horrible weapons. Also, the whole world has no magic by itself, the only regions where magic works are those craters... AND there's resources you can find in there which you can carry around, to be able to cast spells elsewhere. Finally the crystal balls ontop of wizards' staffs make sense!
    Last edited by Tillerz; 10-27-2019 at 09:26 AM.