Thread: Hello everyone

Guild Novice

Post Hello everyone

Hey guys.

I make a few maps on an amateur basis sometimes. I was hunting for some references for my current project and stumbled upon this place, naturally I promptly spent a few hours looking around.
    I'd quite like to stay around for a while.

As for my maps themselves I've only ever touched traditional work. I did all my past maps with a fineliner but my current project is somewhat of a test of using dip pens for a more sharp and detailed outcome.

I would like to post my 4 old maps but I'm not too sure how I should do that here. Would it be better to post them in a single thread in Finished Maps or is it expected to post only one map per thread?

Blog Entries

Hello oakdesk, welcome,

Its a nice place to hang out Lots of traditional pen and ink maps here too as well as digital to 3D.

For the finished maps you can post all four if you want. But if they are really good ones then its best to post one each as we have the annual Atlas Awards where people can nominate the best maps of the year and then you have to have the one image at the first post of the finished maps which shows up in the gallery. So check them out (https://www.cartographersguild.com/f...splay.php?f=92) and if you think your in with a shot then post them one each. Otherwise its no big deal all in one thread if you like.

hello! welcome to the forum! i too found this place researching references.

Guild Novice

I think I'll go ahead and post them as a block then, those atlus awards blow my stuff out the water.
    Thanks for your help and the warm welcome.

I was hunting for some references for my current project and stumbled upon this place, naturally I promptly spent a few hours looking around.
    I'd quite like to stay around for a while.

That's exactly what happened to me!