Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Map of Tamriel

Default Map of Tamriel

A map of Tamriel from the world of Elder Scrolls.

I've always been a fan of the ES games, and while I like the simple maps used within the game world, it's always surprised me that there are very few detailed maps. So here is my fan-made version of the continent of Tamriel.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tamriel-01c.jpg 
Views:	3280 
Size:	2.86 MB 
ID:	117396

Guild Expert Facebook Connected XCali's Avatar

It has a lot of heart. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Your forests and climates are done very well and Skyrim as well.

All in all a great map.

~ Maps-DriveThruRPG ~Free Maps and Assets ~Current Project~

My web novels
    Instagram handle: instagram.com/omrihope
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ~The heavens declare the glory of God;
    the skies proclaim the work of His hands.
    Day after day they pour forth speech;
    night after night they reveal knowledge.
    ~ Psalm 19

Guild Novice

Praise

I absolutely love this map! It’s really stunning. I’m a total newbie, and this style is exactly what I’m striving to achieve at some point! Great job!

There's apparently no limit to your talents ! You are a master of building maps, encounter maps and now regional and world maps. Impressive ! And your discreet palette does wonders. I might spot some issues with the rivers (rivers usually start in elevated places and join when they go down to reach the sea, they do not connect different parts of the sea unless they're canals or there's another specific explanation) but besides that, it's a great map !
    Last edited by ThomasR; 09-02-2019 at 02:59 PM.

Wow, this is very well done!

Is it all hand drawn? It looks like you might have used custom brushes for minor details (small hills), but that's about it. Are there any tutorials or specific techniques which you've found to be most helpful (if you don't mind sharing)?

I'm a huge fan of the ES games as well (though not the bugs). As a kid Morrowind was my first introduction to sandbox RPGs, and probably still holds my personal record for most hours played.

Your rendition of Tamriel has my heart, I love the setting, the lore, and really everything about their world, and you truly did this major justice in my eyes. You color pallette had me drooling as well. Stellar work!

Cheers!

IR

Thank you for the kind words folks.

@ThamasR: I totally agree with you regarding the rivers. Unfortunately I'm somewhat tied by the existing game geography, which seems to use the rivers as a way of defining the borders of nations. Maybe if I have time I'll look at creating a version with more realistic rivers.

@Topologist: It's all hand drawn via tablet, even the hills. I still need to work on my hills, they never seem to sit well with the rest of my geography. As for tutorials, I've learnt so much from Jon Roberts's site http://www.fantasticmaps.com/ but also from simply studying the wonderful maps posted here on the forums.

I've been a late comer to the ES universe, as Skyrim was the first game in the series that I played (I did play that on for several thousands of hours, mind you), but I've learned to love this place all the same.
    I absolutely adore your style and your lineart, and the colors are just delightful. Just beautiful work, straight to the old inspiration folder!
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

I agree with all that's been said. Wonderful style and colors. I'd love to see you tackle an own fantasy world with this style, I'm sure it'd be great!
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Agree with the above, it's a great execution. Nicely done PaperGriffin.
    I second having learned from JR's site, it's a gold mine There's also a wealth of knowledge to learn from here on the forums.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast