Thread: [Battlemap] Ancient ruins, above ground and below

Default [Battlemap] Ancient ruins, above ground and below

Hello everyone,

It's been a while, but here is my newest map. It includes an above-ground map and a below-ground map of these ancient ruins. Explore these ancient ruins found in a remote area. Unassuming from above, it hides a network of natural and man-made tunnels. Discover the treasures hidden below the surface.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Summer, Day, Gridless cart.jpg 
Views:	241 
Size:	5.18 MB 
ID:	117467

Name:	Underground, Gridless cart.jpg 
Views:	516 
Size:	5.53 MB 
ID:	117466

As always, I'm looking for any and all feedback. Would you like to see something specific? Don't like something? Something else? Let me know!

(i am aware the entrances don't completely match up from above ground vs underground. Woops!
    Hobbyist mapmaker. Mostly battlemaps!
    With a Patreon if you want more!

Looks pretty good, thanks for sharing!

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

These are very nice. If I can figure out a way to work them into my game I may use them.

The only tiny thing I might change is I'm having a hard time reading the rise and fall of the earth in the 'above ground' one. I would think the lightest colored area would be the highest point but there is a lot of darkness where I'm expecting it to be. It could be I'm reading the cliffs? in the terrain wrong. I'm thinking the rock in the center top is close to the highest point and yet it's dark enough that it almost seems sunken.

Of course, it's always possible it's completely falling in here and there so it's just hard to read but the underground was so clear I didn't get that 'caved in' vibe.

And that's about the only thing I might provide in the way of useful feedback to improve because otherwise I really like what you have going on here.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Quote Originally Posted by MrLegs View Post
    Hello everyone,

It's been a while, but here is my newest map. It includes an above-ground map and a below-ground map of these ancient ruins. Explore these ancient ruins found in a remote area. Unassuming from above, it hides a network of natural and man-made tunnels. Discover the treasures hidden below the surface.

Name:	Summer, Day, Gridless cart.jpg 
Views:	241 
Size:	5.18 MB 
ID:	117467

Name:	Underground, Gridless cart.jpg 
Views:	516 
Size:	5.53 MB 
ID:	117466

As always, I'm looking for any and all feedback. Would you like to see something specific? Don't like something? Something else? Let me know!

(i am aware the entrances don't completely match up from above ground vs underground. Woops!

The Battle Maps look great. I aspire to have your skills