Thread: Aug/Sept '19 Lite Challenge: Imagine Dragons - Demons

Wip Aug/Sept '19 Lite Challenge: Imagine Dragons - Demons

A last minute entry from me. I didn't expect to have the time to finish this map and didn't want an unfinished entry, but yesterday I could work on it for almost a full day, so here it is, just in time!

When reading Bogie's theme explanation about Puff the Magic Dragon, I immediately knew that I wanted to do something with dragons and give a try at an 'eastern map' for the first time. I've only never heard of Puff, so I searched for other dragon songs. Surprisingly, there aren't that many (at least not famous). And then, Demons by Imagine Dragons popped up and I thought: why only the song title if you can also map the combination of song + band name!

"This is my kingdom come
    When you feel my heat
    Look into my eyes
    It's where my demons hide"

The map is called 'Lóng de tudì' or 'Land of the Dragons'. In ''An Instinct for Dragons'' (Routledge, 2000), Dr. David E. Jones, a professor of anthropology at the University of Central Florida in Orlando, posits a biological explanation that jibes with the Jungian notion of unconscious collective fears. He argues that the dragon image, fermented in the primal soup of man's first nightmares, is a composite of the carnivores who fed on human ancestors when they were tree-dwelling monkeys: the pythons, the big cats and the raptors.

"When your dreams all fail
    And the ones we hail
    Are the worst of all
    And the blood's run stale"

The dragon resembles our most feared demons.

"But with the beast inside
    There's nowhere we can hide"

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Long de Tudi large.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	9.45 MB 
ID:	117551

The image of the dragon, the dragon-shaped fire and the two small dragons on the name box are free to use from the public domain (pixabay)

That's a cool interpretation.

Really cool!! Welcome to the challenge! Great idea!