Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lunburg (yet another new town)

It must feel amazingly tedious to draw but wow it looks amazing, you have jammed in so much detail without cheating or resorting to tricks to fill it out.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

Very nice update, can't wait to see the finished thing.

It must feel amazingly tedious to draw but wow it looks amazing, you have jammed in so much detail without cheating or resorting to tricks to fill it out.
    Indeed it does - that's why i only get like a few houses done per day. However procrastination may just as well play an important role here.

Very nice update, can't wait to see the finished thing.
    Thanks once again for the kind words, and although it's still a long way to go for the finished map (especially the coloured version), but i can nevertheless show a finished part of it today.

The upper town is now done - next to come is a western suburb, the rocky hill that the upper town stands on top of (wish me luck with that ) and a lower town (suburb) down by the river. I have not planned anything yet for the surrounding landscape, but i can promise there won't be as many churches as in my last town.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	StadtNeu1.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	4.73 MB 
ID:	117916
    Last edited by Chlodowech; 10-02-2019 at 12:42 PM.

Now that the upper town is done i started setting up a basic layout of the surroundings landscape. It’ll be a lot simpler than my last larger town (mainly because it’s less important and therefore doesn’t have that many semi-purposeful churches around it ). However the nature will become a more important part of this one, having two rivers and a rocky cliff in between. As there is a lot of space to fill on both the left and the right side, i will most likely have some surrounding villages too.

Name:	9C92EAA4-0D1D-449E-B097-B09117FF67B6.jpeg 
Views:	88 
Size:	2.78 MB 
ID:	117933

PS: the final size of this drawing will most likely be larger than the Veduta of a late medieval town, reaching almost A2 format (because i was dumb enough to draw a really long town, which now forces me to do a really wide angle of the landscape )

PPS: While setting up the layout of a small settlement on the other side of the river, an idea came to my head: What if this settlement once used to be the original town that later declined due to flood exposure and the new favored location next to the castle? Such an early settlement wouldn’t leave many traces after a few centuries of proper decline; what would stay though is an oversized church in the middle of nowhere - and that’s what i‘ve drawn (speaking about adding less churches, haha ) Now, as people came to realize that the churches upkeep cost is in no good relation to its actual use, they decided to make it smaller by demolishing unnecessary parts of it, in my case the side aisles. And this is what the literally pointless church looks like

Name:	C7050D8B-1944-447C-848C-BDFA8A3DF4DB.jpeg 
Views:	108 
Size:	2.20 MB 
ID:	117936
    Last edited by Chlodowech; 10-03-2019 at 04:37 PM.

Hehe, nice work, as always. I especially enjoy the walls and elevation on this one and I already know it will be another wonderful piece ^^

After taking a long break on Lunburg, I decided it’s time to make some progress again. Unfortunately I wasted most of the available evening with procrastination - the result is quite mediocre therefore.

Name:	98B017A9-4C49-44AA-AB6D-2FEA51E83CE4.jpeg 
Views:	79 
Size:	2.18 MB 
ID:	119880
    Last edited by Chlodowech; 01-19-2020 at 12:55 AM.

Not much progress these days, but i managed to get a few houses done (mostly just shapes), and i finally drew that synagogue that i marked in that area ages ago.

Name:	3FCB1548-D693-4AE6-B0C2-8A8AC888D6B5.jpeg 
Views:	92 
Size:	2.80 MB 
ID:	120040

PS: Post no. 200!
    Last edited by Chlodowech; 01-24-2020 at 06:13 PM.

Praise the god of updates and welcome to the over 200 posts club!

Quote Originally Posted by QED42 View Post
    Praise the god of updates and welcome to the over 200 posts club!
    Thank you, and let’s offer the god of updates another sacrifice.

Name:	CDAFF15B-854B-472E-830D-A4D1057C10A4.jpeg 
Views:	134 
Size:	2.03 MB 
ID:	120069

Beautiful, Chlod' ! No doubt you'll be blessed, with such an offering !

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast