Thread: Fantasy Maps

Default Fantasy Maps

Hello, My name is Stephen Hinojos.

I am primarily a writer and am in the process of writing a book. But in order to do that, I need some help. I have a world map that lays out landmasses and major cities. But I need help with city maps. For my first book, there is only one city that the entire story revolves around, but later on I will probably need help with cities. I am sorry that I can't pay, but I promise to give proper references when I am done with the book. Please message me with questions. I will also tell you everything you need to know about the city.

I have a list of all of the fantasy map generators including city map generators that i've been able to find. These will be your best bet to getting a free city map.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiana View Post
    I have a list of all of the fantasy map generators including city map generators that i've been able to find. These will be your best bet to getting a free city map.
    Thanks for the resources. I really appreciate it.

Hey Ghost! Thanks for the invite to participate in your creation. I wanted to draw your attention to one of the generators Tiana included on her list, https://watabou.itch.io/medieval-fantasy-city-generator. In case you haven't seen this particular generator, let me tell you, it's pretty powerful. While the maps are procedurally generated, you'll be amazed at how much the developer allows you to customize after the fact.

In the past, I've taken one of these generated maps and customized it to where it was a true town map. I found having the generated map took a lot of the guesswork out of building the final product. You might as well. I'd be happy to help you out with that, as well, so hit me up if I can be of assistance. Best of luck on your book!