Thread: Inkarnate Mapmaking

Default Inkarnate Mapmaking

I've started using Inkarnate and thanks to a dear friend of mine have been able to have a play with the tools available to subscribers so thought I would share some of my processes here and the maps I have had fun making.

The first I made was a lovely little riverside town/village called Emberville...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Emberville.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	4.03 MB 
ID:	117614

Then, with a handy list of town names compiled from the great tool Fantasy Name Generator (a true life saver for the many blank mind moments I seem to have!), I wanted to create a world that Emberville could be a part of. The following three shows the main developments.

The first was far too bland, the second still bland but couldn't put my finger on why I wasn't liking it. The third was created after having some very handy feedback from lovely people over at World Anvil. It's feeling a lot better, but still happy to receive any feedback or comments to further improve it. Especially need to work on my place names!

Name:	Map 13.27.41.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	3.31 MB 
ID:	117615

Name:	Map (1).jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	3.43 MB 
ID:	117616

Name:	Map.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	3.37 MB 
ID:	117617

Thanks in advance for all or any comments and feedback! - AP.

Very nice maps. My small bit of advice is to make the town labels smaller and be careful not to cover up part of the town or an important feature such as a river.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    Very nice maps. My small bit of advice is to make the town labels smaller and be careful not to cover up part of the town or an important feature such as a river.
    Thank you! Yes, now I look at it the labels do obscure a lot!
    (Thanks for the points too!)