First post here, so hi everyone! I've finally decided to get started on a project I've been toying with for a while now, and wanted to solicit your opinions / ideas before I get too far down this rabbit hole.

Basically, my ultimate goal is to create an atlas style map in the vein of Thersis or Aduhr, with plausible climates and continent shapes dictated by reasonable underlying plate tectonics. I've been thinking about this for a while and I have a rough-ish idea of the number of continents and their placements / shapes that I'd like, but I don't have a ton of preconceived ideas of how things should end up. I've played around a fair amount with FT3 and can generate some interesting basic continent layouts in that program, but there doesn't seem to be a super straightforward way to mesh those results with a model of plate tectonics without lots and lots of manual painting.

So, my question for you all is how on earth should I embark on what will doubtlessly be a large and time-consuming project like this? The tutorials on here have been super helpful for learning about individual steps and jumping between programs, but I'm wondering more about what the overarching approach to this should (or could) be?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!