Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sept/Oct '19 Lite Challenge: Map a Volcano!

Post Sept/Oct '19 Lite Challenge: Map a Volcano!

Sept/Oct '19 Lite Challenge: Map a Volcano!

This month's Challenge is to create a map based on a Volcano. It can be a world or regional map as long as the volcano is a major feature, it can be a village built on the side of the volcano, it can be a bad guy lair inside the volcano, It could be a side view dungeon carved inside the volcano. Lots of choices, lots of other possibilities, you just have to make the volcano the star of your creation.

Win a silver compass, all the cool kids have them!

The Challenge will run until the end of the day on the 14th of October, (Midnight eastern daylight time between the 14th and 15th, more or less, depending on when I can get to the computer to start the voting) and then there will be 3 days of voting. Someone is going to win a Silver Compass, it could be you!

As usual, title your threads: "Sept/Oct '19 Lite Challenge: << your title here >> "

Don't forget to put the hashtag: ### Latest WIP ### in front of all WIP pictures, and especially in front of your final map. And don't forget, there is a WIP button that automatically posts this for you. Try it, You'll like it!

And remember, if you put more than one image on the same post, only one of them gets picked up.

The Challenge will run from September 20th until end of day October 14th

Quick rules reminder: The Lite Challenge is open to anyone who has not already won 3 Silver compasses, 1 Gold Compass, or been selected as a featured Cartographer's Choice Map.
    Also, the map has to be started on or after the first day of the challenge, no reusing older maps even if they were not finished.

Sounds like fun. Fun for Dwarfs.

Sounds really interesting. I'm not sure if I'll be able to participate this month but I'll definitely try. Can't wait to see what everyone will come up with.

Still 12 days to go, hoping to get a few more people involved.

I'd love to get involved but I'm bereft of ideas and I'm totally shattered all the time. If you want numbers I could knock something together in MS Paint (or whatever it's called) just for laughs and giggles if you like
    I started a DeviantArt page
    https://strafwibble.deviantart.com/

I've got an idea, but my sketches/scribbles just aren't working out.

12 days... Eeep!

Don't worry, I'm fresh off a vacation to a volcano and I was working on the plane.

I try to give 24 hrs notice of the end of the challenge, but last night I fell asleep and forgot to do that. My apologies.

So I am here to give you a very short notice. The challenge will be ending at about 1 am Eastern US which is in about 9 hours from now. Good luck everyone, I hope you all get to finish your maps!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast