Thread: A wip!

Wip A wip!

It's pretty damn close to done. Just a bit more detail, settlements, text and love. For now I'll share what I've got, I always appreciate constructive criticism!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	w554ecwl5lo31.png 
Views:	49 
Size:	1.98 MB 
ID:	117787  

I am interested to know more about that hole in the ocean.

Update! The only thing I'd really like to add after this point would be a few more subtle details along some of the outlying islands. This is for the most part, a complete map! Also thinking of adding a coral reef descending southward from Leviathan's Chasm.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Map Hand Drawn 3.png 
Views:	68 
Size:	1.99 MB 
ID:	117801

A cute looking map! Is it your first digital one?

One thing that does jump out at me, is how crisp and digital those coastlines look. Is there any way to soften them a little?
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

I did one more 'practice map' before this, but it wasn't up to a quality I was happy with. So this is my first complete one. And yeah I used a hard pencil for the coastlines, they were a little quickly done as well. The next map that I'm working on has coastlines that are much more organic, still used the hard pencil but took care to give a natural look for the coastlines, keep an eye out as I'll be sharing a WIP of that one soon!

Nicely done. I like the torn edges you included around the border to add some character. The chasm in the ocean is throwing me off a bit because it looks like it should be standing out, but yet it's inset into the ocean. Visually I find it a bit confusing, and it's immediately what your eye goes to because it's so bold. But otherwise I think you did a great job

Default Great!

Hi,
    That's a great map. I've just started so I hope mine will be as good once I start. I don't know how to use the computer to do maps though.
    Okapi