Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: City of Ostmark

Default City of Ostmark

Hey Guild !

As often, it's been too long since I posted a map for the last time, so I wanted to show you somehting freshly finished.
    Here is the City of Ostmark. I wish you'll never have to visit it : as far as I know, a lot of bad people roam around, but I still had the biggest pleasure to design those streets and ornaments.

Usual information :
    - Roughly 12x9 inches,
    - Hand made in Photoshop CC2019 using a Wacom Cintiq Pro 16,
    - Commissionned map for "Epopeya de la Caída de Lothdran" by Jose Faina Rodríguez-Vila.

"City of Ostmark" - 2019 - All rights reserved
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ostmark_by_MistyBeee.jpg 
Views:	2078 
Size:	925.4 KB 
ID:	117932

You'll be able to see a few WIP pics on my Instagram and the map is available as print in my InPrnt gallery, both in English and Spanish versions ^^

Hope you'll enjoy !

Another monstrosity of a city! How you are able to do these without going insane, I'll never know

The perspective is, yet again, impressive as all hell, and the colors (or lack of them, almost) work very well. What really knocks this one out of the park for me are the title scrolls, though - what gorgeous details! Wonderful treatment on the title too. Nice typography.

I maybe personally would have given the river some sort of a color treatment to better help the land to pop out a little better?
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Neat little town i‘d say, isn’t it?

Nah, of course i‘m joking Am i wrong, or is this one even larger than Kingkel? In any case, it’s another spectacular masterpiece, it really has everything that one could wish for in a town of that size, and the sepia tones of the background give it a really noble look.

Fantastic work Misty, once again!

I won't even comment the quality of the map, it is beyond this world but I really feel you upped your game (if it was even possible) on the shading/highlights part. What you have here is really amazing and the colors you chose give the whole map an ominous feel that I really dig. Prosternons-nous devant les joyaux de la déesse des cartes

What a gorgeous map, Beee.
    I am going to wander around your city for a bit today.
    So much to see.

This is fantastic.

I'm still a little wary of critiquing here, so feel free to ignore me as necessary, but I'd love to see a bit more attention applied to the viewer as it correlates with the legend. As it stands, most westerners read left to right, and it'd be handy to link the A > B > C > D... in a pattern that makes it easy to follow. Right now it kind of jumps all over the place, A > B > C > G or A > B > J > C > G most of the time we're taught to look for the next letter in the alphabet sequence and when that gets disrupted it interrupts the flow makes it a bit harder to follow.
    Last edited by KMAlexander; 10-03-2019 at 02:00 PM.

i dig the intricacies of the buildings and layout

That is a magnificent piece, Beee! Gorgeous work!
    Kaitlin Gray - Art, Maps, Etc | Patreon | Instagram

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

Wow, my drawing hand hurts just looking at all those houses! Incredible lineart, Bee!

What a magnificent piece! The amount of detail in this map is staggering. The whole piece is beautifully drawn, and nicely rendered. The title, compass rose, key and border are all really well designed as well. This is a masterpiece.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast