Hello again cartographers guild!

I recently posted a map of a local area of north west Reikland and I recognised the need to make one on a bit bigger scale. I would like to go through some decisions I made during the map creation.

This map will be used in a ttrpg campaign so the overarching point was to stoke interest of my players meanwhile giving them hints of what to expect from towns and cities they visit. Hence why cities have heraldry and little towns got icons above them corresponding to the towns activity.

Other important point is navigation. Every single mountain range, forest cluster and a river got a name. So when they receive quests I could give descriptions like “Its somewhere in the northern part of Glenmis Grove” instead of pointing at the map. I hope it would increase immersion. As players would be forced to look at the map and actually utilize it as a map.

I am still very new to drawing maps of this scale and in this style I would LOVE to hear your criticisms and any feedback. What you particularly liked, or disliked, or found curious and odd.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ESTATE_A3_NAMED_FIX-01.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	9.35 MB 
ID:	117990