My name is Jacob, I'll be 25 around the end of November. Since I was a child I've always had a fascination with cartography and geography. I remember picking up the "Hobbit" when I was in 4th grade, the teacher told me it was too advanced as it was considered a 12th grade reading level. I have no idea why they had a high school reading level book in an elementary school library. I opened the book to skim through the text, and there it was, that damn map. I read that book in the 4th grade because of that map, and it was actually easier than I thought it would be. I didn't realize until I started reading that it was the prequel to the "Lord of The Rings." that realization made me love it all that much more. I have a hard on for any kind of map, political, scientific, elevation, hydrology, even blueprints, hand drawn maps are my wet dream. In school my favorite subjects were science and history, science just made sense to me, but I loved learning about the tectonic plates and prehistory, especially how the continents changed over time. In History my favorite time period was the colonial time period, the maps they drew were simply breath taking, and pretty accurate considering the lack of birds eye view in some areas. I've roughly drawn the united states before a few times to help others with geography, as most people don't have their bedroom walls covered in real world and fantasy maps. At least I did, before I joined the military. I went to school for welding so I've'a bit experience with drafting and reading blue prints. I've made rough sketches of game worlds like elder scrolls and Zelda to use as reference or to mark interesting features. Some of my favorite games are Paradox Interactive games, as most of their games are just a map with various filters and map modes. I grew up thinking map making was a lost art and there wasn't a real big demand for it. It wasn't until I played DnD and pathfinder that I realized that people still make maps and even pay to have maps made. I don't really care about making money, the idea that someone is taking a map that I created and making a living and breathing world out of it, or using the world that I created to adventure in that's enough compensation for me. I just wanna be able to world build like Tolkien that man was a genius, but I'm just starting out and in a little over my head. that's why I'm here, hoping I can learn a thing or two from you guys, gonna be tough but I'm willing to learn. Sorry for the word vomit just let my fingers fly.