Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Red Planet Map

Default Red Planet Map

I was commissioned to do an alien world map and pretty much all the details were up to me. Usually that's not the case, clients have quite a few specifications for maps, so cases like this one are interesting and let me flex my creative muscles a bit. One of the ideas I had was to draw two different species kinda battling it out on the scale of the entire planet, changing the environment as they go along. So that's what this map is: the species on the left live in huge shielded cities, and the species on the right mostly live underwater, preferring a more rustic approach, where they grow most of their buildings, weapons, etc.

What do you think?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ddgdqse-2a38443f-89e7-4909-908e-b266a8c768cb.jpg 
Views:	237 
Size:	2.02 MB 
ID:	118011  

Professional Artist SteffenBrand's Avatar

THAT is a really odd style. And I mean that in the best way possible, wow!
    Good work on this, looks great! Repped you, too. =)
    Visit me on ArtStation.

Wow! I'll just echo what Steffen said. An alien map was requested, and alien it is. Lovely colors and composition too, wonderful look overall!
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

That is great , it takes me back to the comics of the 70s/80s (btw thats good!) , especially Planet of the damned from Starlord comic. Love the isometric work , especially the shading.

Wow, that is really different and well-executed. I really love the concept and all the unique elements ou included. Solid work for sure

- Josh

Blog Entries

Truly amazing ! Someone remind me to nominate this on the annual mappies...

wow! i love it! it kind of reminds me of william hope hodgson's the night land with how alien it looks.

It's both very creative and gorgeous. Great work!

Thanks. It was pretty difficult to come up with something that looks alien, but isn't just completely abstract. I'm glad you and some other people seem to think it turned out well.

Man you've got quite the imagination Augustinas. Your drawing and coloring skills are both excellent, and this really is a unique and interesting piece. Wonderful!

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast