Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sept/Oct '19 Lite Challenge: Tuaui

Dang! I could see them the other day...

Guess I'll have to forge ahead without feedback in the last couple hours.

--Better get something uploaded before the deadline!

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Volcano4.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	1.16 MB 
ID:	118131

I don't think I'll be winning this one, but I figured out a couple new tricks in Gimp.

Every time you share, you win something.

I must say I wish you hadn't used red colour for the font. On top of green background it's really hard to look at. Green and red are complimentary colours, which makes the letters look like they vibrate. You really don't want that happening with text.

I like how the rock layer texture guides your eyes to really see the three dimensional shape of the mountain, along with subtle highlights and shadows. When I first saw the map, I thought it was the shading, but it's actually the colours that do the job, which is unusual and unique.

Learning something new really is the main reason we have these challenges.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisachik the Wanderer View Post
    I must say I wish you hadn't used red colour for the font. On top of green background it's really hard to look at. Green and red are complimentary colours, which makes the letters look like they vibrate. You really don't want that happening with text.
    When I was in High school they decided that green chalkboards were easier to look at than black ones, BUT then the teachers would go and write on them with red chalk which made it horrible to look at.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12