Thread: Commission at work

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by DrWho42 View Post
    i'm digging it so far! the mountains and mountain ranges seemed well-placed
    Thank you! I found a browser based program that endeavors to create geographically coherent/realistic landmasses using a broad array of parameters, (how cold the poles are, how hot the equator is, etc). It will also allow you to change the height-map in specific areas and then recalculate the biomes, rivers, mountains, etc. For example, the mountains in the middle the program created on its own and then I put in some more on the west coast which it then adjusted for.

Wip

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Nice ! That's a very complex coastline.
    It is complex, indeed but it's because I plan on adding lots of water ways

Quote Originally Posted by Rains View Post
    Thank you! I found a browser based program that endeavors to create geographically coherent/realistic landmasses using a broad array of parameters, (how cold the poles are, how hot the equator is, etc). It will also allow you to change the height-map in specific areas and then recalculate the biomes, rivers, mountains, etc. For example, the mountains in the middle the program created on its own and then I put in some more on the west coast which it then adjusted for.
    Yup, the mountains were pretty rad. But you asked for a makeover so, here it comes .

The mountains plus some propositions for more.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	648.6 KB 
ID:	118423