Thread: HomeBrew World map D&D. WIP

Wip HomeBrew World map D&D. WIP

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WorldMap.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	3.50 MB 
ID:	119412

This is the start to my home brew D&D world map.

I'm having trouble getting the mountains and land masses to look natural and make sense. if anyone has any tips or what they would suggest fixing to make it look more flushed out before I really dig into other details then id really appreciate it!

the scale of this map is quite huge. I plan on having a smaller detail map of each region. like this: https://i.redd.it/2sbfq4v0lj441.png

I posted it before and this is me re-posting my up to date work. Id love to hear what you think or if anyone has any ideas at all. be critical and no idea is a bad idea :]. thanks everyone

About the world sofar:

it is a pretty standard D&D lore based setting; so the standard fantasy races apply. I have no interesting plans yet with that accept a few different areas where they live.

climate zones are north to north east is tundra zones. the central area is pretty temperate. the south west end is tropical and the south eastern regions are hot and dry. Savannah/ deserts and so on.

as for countries I have most basic bits flushed out but i recently added a large section to the map that i havent really figured out yet. On the western continent there is Hedia and the Dreogon Empire in the north. these two countries are at war. the island just north is Rokskieg which is neutral in this conflict yet both want to negotiate an alliance with so that they can gain the upper hand.

in the south is Lailiel. an elven country covered in dense jungle. I very hard region to traverse and very solitary. the country in the middle and the islands between that and the next large island/small continent and it itself has been a new addition and I havent flushed out yet.

on the eastern continent to the north west corner is Modrahan; a prodominantly dwarven country based in the mountainous regions. south of that stands Tazirene to the west and Ivairis to the east. Ivairis is a neutral country that is known for its learning and arts. in the southern tip is the Burene Empire; an aggressive powerful desert country who is currently in a forced peace agreement with its northeastern neighbor after land grabbing a large portion before the surrounding empires banded together to force peace.

the small island north east of Burene is Husland. a smaller country lacking in military advancements. north of Husland is Andorhal. Andorhal is another large and very powerful country.

that's most of what I have flushed out so far. at the moment I just want to get the mountains and rivers and land masses looking natural and appealing. then once thats flushed out I need to figure out that last two country ideas and then I can start doing more focused maps for each region and really start digging into the world lore.
    Last edited by HandsomeJack_; 12-22-2019 at 09:49 AM.

Hi Jack, I've moved your thread to Regional/World mapping, as that's a more appropriate place for it. Possibly if you saved your map as a .jpg file, rather than a .png, you'll be able to upload it here. Generally, people tend to respond more to maps posted here at the Guild, rather than off site. But, of course, it's entirely up to you.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

thank-you for the help. its my first time posting some of my own work on the site and my first map ever so this is all very new too me. I've taken your advice thank-you again!