Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Paint Shop Pro Humble Bundle

Default Paint Shop Pro Humble Bundle

For the next week or so. It might be of interest to someone:

https://www.humblebundle.com/softwar...ith-confidence
    I started a DeviantArt page
    https://strafwibble.deviantart.com/

That's a nice deal. Thanks for sharing, Straf.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

It's pretty decent isn't it? I grabbed the whole package. I'll have a bit of a play around with it in the coming months.
    I started a DeviantArt page
    https://strafwibble.deviantart.com/

ewww boy, I'm tempted - Is that really Corel Painter they are selling there?

Also, I'm guessing they are an annual fee to stay current - Is it the full 429.00 every year?

I've been thinking about dropping my Adobe subscription because it's kind of ridiculous and I used Corel Painter last year on a demo for one of my maps and quite liked it.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

I think it's just a full license for that version of Corel Painter. I haven't picked up the bundle yet - gonna do it next week. But yeah you can get some amazing deals with the humble bundles.
    My new Deviant-thing. I finally caved.

Quote Originally Posted by Larb View Post
    I think it's just a full license for that version of Corel Painter. I haven't picked up the bundle yet - gonna do it next week. But yeah you can get some amazing deals with the humble bundles.
    True, but I'm wanting to know about the long term. I mean, obviously they want to make money so I just want to understand how they are getting it. The bundle is the hook I believe, it's next time around where you pay...or so I expect. Thus, my curiosity as to how much it is. I'm sure it's less than PS monthly but it doesn't come with full blown adobe and so on either.

Anyway, just curious. I will likely pick this up as well since I enjoyed using painter for this map.

I'll probably get the bundle then cancel Photoshop. I can always resub.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Corel still has both models, where you can subscribe to a constantly updated piece of software or buy a license for the current version. This appears to be a really fantastic deal. I think the idea is they get you hooked on the software and hope you branch out into their other offerings and buy updates for it in the future.

I'm gonna grab it next week - I suspect it will be just for that version. Which is OK - I've been using photoshop CS3 since forever as I can't afford creative cloud or anything. =P
    My new Deviant-thing. I finally caved.

Well apparently they use the year model number in the same way as car brands do, so they've released 2020 already, meaning they are giving a license to last years software (2019), which is still a fantastic deal I think.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast