Thread: The World of AlĂ*adĂ»r

Blog Entries

Post The World of AlĂ*adĂ»r

Greetings one and all,

My name is Christopher. Hemdrall Itham is the name of the cartographer in the story I am working on. My love for cartography started perhaps at the age of 12. Early on, I spent hours pouring over the pages of Toklien's Middle Earth and a small selection of JRPGs had a huge impact on my desire to world build. I've been fascinated with cartography ever since. I've been working on a story, in my mind, for nearly 10 years now. Sadly I don't have much to show for it, but it is a dream of mine to someday publish my story. That said, I've worked on my maps for most of this time though. Aliadur has been a project in the state you see it for nearly 2 years. In previous envisionings, Aliadur has been flat (Weyard: The Golden Sun series), a living tree world, and numerous other forms that I may show off later on.

Thank you,

Christopher
    Last edited by Hemdrall Itham; 10-16-2019 at 06:15 PM. Reason: Changing the speeling of a few words.

Default Keep plugging

Hey man, glad to hear i am not the only one that gets stuck. Especially in writing. I have started and left countless short stories and novels because either i got too busy, or lost my direction in them. As for maps, i have looked at yours and I personally loved it. I like how it is unpopulated, and easy to view. Keep plugging away and you will eventually hit a streak that will see your projects come to fruition ! Until then, don't give up on it, like i did so many times.

hello christopher! welcome to the guild! i too am fascinated by flat/discworlds