Thread: Sept/Oct '19 Lite Challenge: Woixoql

Default Sept/Oct '19 Lite Challenge: Woixoql

I hope I'm not too late, but when I saw the challenge this month I knew just what I wanted to do. The style and all the names are a tribute to Mayan art and languages - Wo'o means 5 and Ixoq means woman, so this island chain is called "5 women" after the five principal islands. The island names are just the numbers 1-5 in a different Mayan dialect. It's meant to look like the stone carvings of the Mayans, and the symbols are inspired by elements of the Mayan calendar.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	volcano map.png 
Views:	74 
Size:	8.83 MB 
ID:	118154

Sorry to say this, but I think you are indeed too late The challenge has already closed and the voting has started.

Nothing is of course stopping you from still working on this map if you choose, but unless I'm mistaken, it won't be included in the competition.
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Unfortunately Kelerica is right, Once the voting poll has started it cant be added to. Your map is really cool and I appreciate your trying to enter.

Oops! I'll get the dates right for next month! But it was a super fun theme and I'm still thankful for the motivation and glad I get to share it!

It's gorgeous but to be honest I feel especially this last challenge, no late-comer's would have art stood a chance, voters had a favorism for the winning map long before it actually won. So you might as well just take it to a regular map board thread and show it off there, you're onto something awesome and unique with this one that won't need the challenge to get a few more positive comments. Love the Mayan border.

Oh yeah, you could always crop it into a bookmark and submit it for the new Lite challenge!
    Last edited by Tiana; 10-18-2019 at 06:32 PM.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!