Thread: Greetings from the Shire!

Guild Novice

Default Greetings from the Shire!

Hello everyone! Im Jordan (HobbitArtisan on instagram) and im a 25yr old wannabe artist from New Zealand. I live in a small town called Matamata which is where the Shire movie set is located from the lord of the rings. I have only recently delved into the world of map making as ive started working on a personal project which im hoping to turn into a graphic novel.

Im a huge fan of tolkien, g.r.martin and patrick rothfuss. They have all been huge influences on my creativity, although none more so than tolkien. My childhood was mostly spent pretending I was in middle earth 😆

Currently my main creative interests are Writing, map making and blacksmithing. I already follow quite a few fantastic map makers and have seen some of the incredible work done on this forum. I cant wait see more and to share my own creative endeavors!

Welcome aboard! I've always wanted to visit where you live.
    Do feel free to post any ongoing map projects you might be working on to the WIP section of the forum, if you feel the need to get some help or feedback on them

My spiritual home in Middle-Earth always has and most likely always will be on the fields of Rohan, but eh, the Shire ain't half bad either
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

hello jordan! welcome to the guild i too have to admit tolkien is a major influence as well.

Guild Novice

Quote Originally Posted by Kellerica View Post
    Welcome aboard! I've always wanted to visit where you live.
    Thankyou, New Zealands a great place to visit! And Hobbiton has been built into an incredible experience, you can even get food and drinks at the green dragon inn!

Quote Originally Posted by DrWho42 View Post
    hello jordan! welcome to the guild i too have to admit tolkien is a major influence as well.
    Im sure i'll find no shortage of tolkien fans here

Nice, I've always wanted to visit there, though I lived in northern Alberta's rolling hills for a while and that is second only to NZ for Shire hills. Welcome.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!