Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Greenhaven Commission

Great city layout and the coasts are just mesmerizing. Love your smooth colours and shades.
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

I really like this one arsheesh, the terrain has a nice dynamic feel to it.
    Portfolio - Instagram - Contact
    open for commissions

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Wow ! Such a nice layout, with full of good ideas ! I love the way you managed to illustrate some complicated concept... Your map is readable at once and very attractive ! Congratulations !

Splendid work. Lots of interesting elements in this, Arsheesh.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Great stuff, but I would expect no less.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

I'm impressed once again! The many details (the boats, the flowers in the wind, the lanterns...) and the way you manage the lands... just splendid!
    A great and well thought city.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasR View Post
    This is a magnificent piece ! My inner self would have added some linework for texturing but I always add too much. Your map has a warm summer evening feel to it that is really soothing to the eye and the different unique locations like hte cherry tree and the temple with it's floating lanterns are bringing a lot of life to it. You know you're in my pantheon, right ?
    Thank you very much Thomas, and I appreciate your constructive feedback as well. I did actually add a bit of linework for the docks that sadly did not really turn up in the smaller sized preview map, but below is a snapshot of what it looks like. I considered adding this elsewhere as well but opted instead for simply using light and shadow. However given your and Wingshaw's suggestions I may reconsider doing this for the next map.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Map Segment.png 
Views:	26 
Size:	628.3 KB 
ID:	118205

Quote Originally Posted by Wingshaw View Post
    I really like this map. I think I'd have done the same as Thomas in adding some lines for texture, but that's just a personal preference, I guess. Altogether I think this map is magnificent. I especially like the way you did the surrounding swampland.

Wingshaw
    Thank you very much. I see your point, and will give it consideration for future maps.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellerica View Post
    Oh, amazing stuff! I love how soft and neat your lines and shading are. Beautiful colors too, I love that single purple tree near the middle - it really draws the eye. You've really been knocking it out of the park with these recent commissions. Nice work.
    Ah shucks, thanks Kellerica, I'm glad you feel that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Larb View Post
    A evocative piece of art would be of those lanterns rising into the sky around that building for their book - they should commission something like that. Anyway this is a really wonderful city map.
    Thanks, and yes I agree that that would be a great piece of cover art.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorth View Post
    A more thorough singing of praise than my comment on your Instagram:

This is just such an exquisite map Arsheesh. The level of detail is just perfect - the natural landscape looks so real without being over-detailed, the buildings are lovely, and I absolutely love the blossoms/leaves coming off the pink tree there.

A minor quibble: I wish that the green...algae? that is resting on the lake and abuts the landforms had just a bit more shading or something where they actually do come up against the shore. As it is right now they look a little flat.
    Why thank you very much GWN, I appreciate both your kind words and suggestion. Looking at the map again I see what you mean and agree, this is something that would enhance the map. It's nice to have other experienced and critical eyes looking at one's work and offering helpful feedback. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by QED42 View Post
    Really great map. My only comment would be is the text on the legend a little bit on the light side? It could be I just had to change monitors though and trying to sort the brightness settings on this one is leading me down the path to madness.
    Thank you, and I quite agree. This sort of bothered me before, and I've gone ahead and made the text a bit darker for my client.

Quote Originally Posted by Voolf View Post
    Great city layout and the coasts are just mesmerizing. Love your smooth colours and shades.
    Thank you very much Voolf.

Quote Originally Posted by Pomb View Post
    I really like this one arsheesh, the terrain has a nice dynamic feel to it.
    Thanks Pomb!

Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
    Wow ! Such a nice layout, with full of good ideas ! I love the way you managed to illustrate some complicated concept... Your map is readable at once and very attractive ! Congratulations !
    Thanks JO, I have my client to thank for the initial concept. All three of the city maps I'll be doing for him are all quite unique and fantastical. It's really fun to work on such a project.

Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
    Splendid work. Lots of interesting elements in this, Arsheesh.
    Thank you very much J.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel General View Post
    Great stuff, but I would expect no less.
    I appreciate that Steel General, great to see you around BTW.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    I'm impressed once again! The many details (the boats, the flowers in the wind, the lanterns...) and the way you manage the lands... just splendid!
    A great and well thought city.
    Thank you very much Ilanthar.

You guys and gals are awesome, thanks ever so much for both the kind words and helpful constructive feedback. Several people mentioned things that will help me to improve future pieces, and for that I am most grateful.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Best art always happens when you get to work with a client rather than just for them. There's always far more details with a good worldbuilding writer on the other side of the commission. The close up is lovely. Also you accept criticism the most gracefully I've ever seen.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

Thank you very much Tiana.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12