Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Lands south of Anaskur

Wonderful again and I can't wait to hear about software. I'm not having any issue with it lately other than just not buying out any time to paint. I have recently added a couple packages to my repertoire but I haven't even spent time with them yet.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

As always, splendid map. With your maps, I'm always transported into a different world just by looking at them...they ooze flavor and vibrate with atmosphere.
    And I always wonder: what lies beyond the map that he depicts on the finite paper? Not many cartographers are able to do that. And I appreciate you sharing all these places with us, J! I enjoy every journey you gift me

(and I wish you'd do more world-maps instead of always cutting them off on different sides....too much speculating and wondering ... ^^ )
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Sorry for the late responses.
    I'm beginning to feel the limits of my ability to keep up with so many platforms to post to while being super busy with work.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingshaw View Post
    A very nice composition. I like the simplistic colour palette and the verticality (although I'd be keen to see a horizontally laid out map at some point).

I imagine the Gulf of Thura might have been an early place for civilization to start, in which case Koris or Athura may have been the largest/oldest/capital-est.

Wingshaw
    I am planning to do a wider format one soon.
    It's just coincidence that I keep dropping these tall maps.
    Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
    The feel of perspective is amazing ! Great work, as always !
    Thanks Joel
    Quote Originally Posted by Veldrin View Post
    I'm astonished. The mountains are beautiful, well detailed, but I guess I'm even more fond of the reliefs on the shores. It may seem trivial, but I feel I'm able to imagine the topography even where you didn't draw any mountain.
    A great piece of art congratulations
    Thanks Veldrin
    I like those little bits just as much as the big bits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    You really have a particular talent, John. I mean, this is elegant, detailed but not crowded, interesting from afar as when zoomed, well thought and labelled...
    Harune sounds like a good place to begin an adventure if you ask me .
    I am getting better at this map thing. ;P
    You could get to a lot of places from Harune.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxilon View Post
    Wonderful again and I can't wait to hear about software. I'm not having any issue with it lately other than just not buying out any time to paint. I have recently added a couple packages to my repertoire but I haven't even spent time with them yet.
    I am getting a bit backlogged due to over-extending myself.
    Hopefully I'll get to the software soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eilathen View Post
    As always, splendid map. With your maps, I'm always transported into a different world just by looking at them...they ooze flavor and vibrate with atmosphere.
    And I always wonder: what lies beyond the map that he depicts on the finite paper? Not many cartographers are able to do that. And I appreciate you sharing all these places with us, J! I enjoy every journey you gift me

(and I wish you'd do more world-maps instead of always cutting them off on different sides....too much speculating and wondering ... ^^ )
    Thanks Elathen
    Hehe, yeah, the border is part of the feel, making one ask "where does that go?". Showing hints of what is beyond the border.

I have world maps in development, but they involve so much more story related stuff so i can't always push them to the front.
    Also, time. I have so many orphan maps that need doing. shudders. Too much stuff.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12