Thread: Oct/Nov '19 Lite Challenge; Damon's Latest Bookmark

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thanks Tiana. I'll probably lower the opacity on the texture a bit, they are a bit "in your face".

For those who want to know: I used an old parchment/paper background then used a colour balance adjustment layer to change the colour; the land is R -15, G +50 & B 0. Then I duplicated that layer and changed the colour balance for the water to R -70, G 0 & B +70. It may have been Torstan's (a.k.a Jonathon Roberts) background I used come to think of it. I think it gives a nice look but it is a bit full on in such a small piece.

One of the guild members posted a YouTube video on creating a Mike Schley detail brush, that's what i used for the 'waves' with a layer effect for the drop shadow and outer glow.

From the original line work I made paths for the land and water. Then I deleted the land linework and filled it with grey. Then I erased the rivers and lake re-created the new 'land path' and used that on the land texture layer at Normal, with the water colour layer below. Now it's just a matter of finishing off the colouring including light & shade and drawing some town icons, labelling and it'll be finished...
    Last edited by damonjynx; 10-28-2019 at 05:23 PM.
    Glory is the reward of valour.

My blog at: damonjynx.blogspot.com.au

Finished Maps