Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Commission - Frustengrad

Default Commission - Frustengrad

This was a BIG one -- 24 x 24 inches! Hope you can see the detail, as this is a greatly reduced size in order to post it here. I really enjoyed the diversity and features in this client's world, and it's not often I get to do a map that calls for such high detail. I really enjoyed it though it did take quite a tremendous amount of time.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Frustengrad.jpg 
Views:	300 
Size:	8.22 MB 
ID:	118345

Excellent! I particularly like your use of colors here. The location icons are also fantastic.

I agree with Ilanthar, the colors in this piece are very attractive. I also like fjords you've made up north. The font you are using for the labels isn't all that clear however so at this resolution some of the labels are a bit tricky to read. Otherwise great!

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Nice map ! Vibrant colors !!!

As said above, the colors are really nice and subtly hint at the terrain relief. The icons are gorgeous but the main part for me is the terrain depiction. Forests (those must have taken ages !), desert, lowlands, plains ... it may not seem like much but you, discreetly (and it's a feat), nailed them.

Thanks all! And yeah, sorry the labels are difficult to read in parts; I had to shrink it considerably in order to post it here. This is maybe a quarter of the actual size image.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Badger's Avatar

Wow, that thing is HUGE!! (that's what she said is what everyone else is thinking.) lol.

Beautiful colors too. I can't imagine the required ram to get that done... I don't think I could have made a map that big on my machine..

Del

Quote Originally Posted by delgondahntelius View Post
    Wow, that thing is HUGE!! (that's what she said is what everyone else is thinking.) lol.

Beautiful colors too. I can't imagine the required ram to get that done... I don't think I could have made a map that big on my machine..

Del
    I'd guess 16+ for a pleasant drawing experience. I guess that because I could get a 20x30 inch piece done as a full color painting on that amount of RAM.

Lovely map. Love the painting. It's a great poster.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

Quote Originally Posted by delgondahntelius View Post

Del
    Believe it or not, this was mostly done on iPad! Which was tough; Procreate could only handle six layers at this size (and 300 dpi!) so it was a challenge getting everything to work together on so few layers. Then I migrated the art to Photoshop for text and touch-ups, because around 3/4ths of the way through drawing, Procreate just started crashing endlessly, couldn't handle it anymore. I've got some extra RAM installed on my iMac, thankfully, or I'm not sure it could've handled it either!

Community Leader Facebook Connected Badger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LizardInk View Post
    Believe it or not, this was mostly done on iPad! Which was tough; Procreate could only handle six layers at this size (and 300 dpi!) so it was a challenge getting everything to work together on so few layers. Then I migrated the art to Photoshop for text and touch-ups, because around 3/4ths of the way through drawing, Procreate just started crashing endlessly, couldn't handle it anymore. I've got some extra RAM installed on my iMac, thankfully, or I'm not sure it could've handled it either!
    Oh wow. Respect Brother! I thought I had it difficult on my laptop, but there is no way I could do mapping with an ipad... at least I think I couldn't... who am I kidding, I would certainly try!

Del

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast