Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Commission - Frustengrad

Quote Originally Posted by delgondahntelius View Post
    Oh wow. Respect Brother! I thought I had it difficult on my laptop, but there is no way I could do mapping with an ipad... at least I think I couldn't... who am I kidding, I would certainly try!

Del
    haha *Sister, and it's surprisingly easy with an Apple Pencil and Procreate. I love it because it's mobile and feels more like traditional drawing than using a tablet (though i do love my Wacom too). It's just the enormous maps that run into trouble, even on iPad Pro. But of the 50 or so commissions I've done in the last year, only 2 or 3 have been so large I couldn't do most of the piece on iPad. It was every bit worth the investment. It doesn't entirely negate Photoshop because it's still easier to do text on there, but almost everything else I find to be easier on Procreate. Their symmetry tool is a LIFESAVER when it comes to borders, compasses, and decorations.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Badger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LizardInk View Post
    haha *Sister, and it's surprisingly easy with an Apple Pencil and Procreate. I love it because it's mobile and feels more like traditional drawing than using a tablet (though i do love my Wacom too). It's just the enormous maps that run into trouble, even on iPad Pro. But of the 50 or so commissions I've done in the last year, only 2 or 3 have been so large I couldn't do most of the piece on iPad. It was every bit worth the investment. It doesn't entirely negate Photoshop because it's still easier to do text on there, but almost everything else I find to be easier on Procreate. Their symmetry tool is a LIFESAVER when it comes to borders, compasses, and decorations.
    HA! My bad sister! Ya, I don't know why photoshop doesn't have some kind of symmetry tool. The one I like the best is on Medibang (I think, i may be wrong) but it has a tool that you can split it from 2 to 12 so it's easy to make compasses and repeating patterns with it, it's really cool.

Del

Quote Originally Posted by delgondahntelius View Post
    HA! My bad sister! Ya, I don't know why photoshop doesn't have some kind of symmetry tool. The one I like the best is on Medibang (I think, i may be wrong) but it has a tool that you can split it from 2 to 12 so it's easy to make compasses and repeating patterns with it, it's really cool.

Del
    I believe the current version of Photoshop has symmetry tools, but since I have the older CS6 and don't have to pay the monthly subscription, by god I am holding onto it as long as technologically possible!

Community Leader Facebook Connected Badger's Avatar

omg, don't i know it... I lost my cs3 disk and now I have to pay a monthly fee for photoshop ... I was so mad... and so sad. So ya, hang on to that thing for as long as possible!

Del

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12