Thread: The Empire of Kawyn

Map The Empire of Kawyn

This is the map for a DnD 5e campaign setting I've been working on for a couple of months now.
    It's been slow working, mostly because I lost everything halfway through to a hard drive crash and had foolishly made no backups, but I'm glad to have something I'm considering finished now.

Creative inspiration mainly from vorropohaiah’s Atlas Elyden and an old paper atlas I found in my parents’ attic.
    Software used is Photoshop CC, GIMP, and ArcMap.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kawyn.png 
Views:	268 
Size:	5.51 MB 
ID:	118406

Feedback is always appreciated!

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

Ouch! Forgetting to save backups only happens once.

Really nice map though! It sure does remind me of the maps of my own dusty atlas! I like the details!

Quote Originally Posted by Arimel View Post
    Ouch! Forgetting to save backups only happens once.

Really nice map though! It sure does remind me of the maps of my own dusty atlas! I like the details!
    Thanks!
    And yep, definitely not making that mistake twice. First thing I did after that crash was buy an external drive.

Blog Entries

Very nice map. Good clean lines, nice font, rivers all good. ArcMap being used well on this one. Well done.

About the back up thing. We have had a lot of posts about losing stuff. A couple of external USB drives is the answer. Also, always save your map with a new name, like Map01.jpg, Map02.jpg etc then when your all done and really happy, delete the older ones. You never know when a file can get corrupted in some subtle way that doesnt show itself until after you have overwritten the backups with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
    Very nice map. Good clean lines, nice font, rivers all good. ArcMap being used well on this one. Well done.

About the back up thing. We have had a lot of posts about losing stuff. A couple of external USB drives is the answer. Also, always save your map with a new name, like Map01.jpg, Map02.jpg etc then when your all done and really happy, delete the older ones. You never know when a file can get corrupted in some subtle way that doesnt show itself until after you have overwritten the backups with it.
    Thanks!
    And yes, I got myself an external drive immediately when I realized I'd lost it all. Good call about keeping multiple numbered backups and corrupted files; will definitely start doing that too.

Very nice atlas style map! And I really dig those land shapes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Very nice atlas style map! And I really dig those land shapes.
    Thank you! Means a lot.