Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sci-Fi/Cyberpunk Urban Zone Map

Default Sci-Fi/Cyberpunk Urban Zone Map

I want to create some urban locations, and possibly create a larger map with some streets in the rain, with these locations populating it.

The first location I'm doing is a Ramen restaurant, which is a common staple in many sci-fi and cyberpunk settings. While creating a counter, some bar stools, a kitchen on the opposite side of the counter and a uni-sex restroom is all you need, which is fairly easy to do, in any map or 3D scene, the devil is in the details. You only need to create enough detail to sell you into accepting what a map is supposed to depict. For a ramen shop, the obvious inclusion, is this, which I place a couple on the counter. I looked online for a free 3D model of ramen, but no luck, I only found a $10 ramen model, and whose gonna pay $10 for ramen ever... not me, so I made this instead... just a preview on what's coming next! Not a map yet, just one map object, but it's a start. Enjoy!

GP

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ramen.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	4.16 MB 
ID:	118408
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Ha! I love that.

Now I want ramen.

Here's my Ramen Shop, as the first sci-fi urban location. I also did the ramen cooking line in 3D, as I did with the bowl of ramen. I've seen a soba stand, and they boiled the noodles in a double tub with water all the way to the brim of the inner tub, and as it boils over, it falls into the space between the tubs, then the soup is in the large tub, with vegie refrigerator and cutting table adjacent to that. In the next room to the left is the prep table and the cold storage unit... enjoy!

GP

Name:	ramen-shop.jpg 
Views:	305 
Size:	1.28 MB 
ID:	118438
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 10-29-2019 at 01:34 PM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

I think it's called a chop shop in Shadowrun venacular (correct me on that). This is a back alley, unlicensed cybernetic implant surgical lab, with a front office area disguised as an insurance sales office or similar. You have to have an appointment, and a password to become an implant client, as the authorities are keen on closing down any such operation. All types of cybernetic implants are installed at this location, especially the illegal systems. Enjoy!

GP

Name:	ripper-shop.jpg 
Views:	309 
Size:	1.63 MB 
ID:	118500
    DrivethruRPG store

Yeah, the chop shops usually get their "parts" from err... questionable sources. =P

Great maps - it's nice to see more cyberpunk and sci-fi buildings.
    My new Deviant-thing. I finally caved.

Thanks, Larb!

Next Sci-Fi/Modern/Cyberpunk interior map is the typical vehicle repair garage with a small customer counter and office, a tool room and the rest room at top. In the garage area there's an engine stand, air tanks and hoses, a hydraulic lift, tool boxes and some tires... enjoy!

GP

Name:	repair-garage.jpg 
Views:	296 
Size:	1.39 MB 
ID:	118510
    DrivethruRPG store

Next Modern/Cyberpunk/Sci-Fi Urban Location map is the convenience store... okay, not so sexy, but necessary, and not fun for all the shelf item details, but here you go. Enjoy!

GP

Name:	convenience-store.jpg 
Views:	231 
Size:	1.48 MB 
ID:	118553
    DrivethruRPG store

Well that shadowrun stuffer shack food fight intro encounter has always been a thing so I imagine a lot of people would appreciate this map. =)
    My new Deviant-thing. I finally caved.

Yup, Larb, you're not the only person that mentioned that - I posted this on Facebook and got the same response!

Next Modern/Cyberpunk/Sci-Fi Urban location is the Oyster Dive Exotic Dancer Club, a very seedy drinking establishment, with some dancers as working girls. After doing the pristine interior of the convenience store, I needed something dirty and outright disgusting, but still fill an urban niche on the wrong side of the tracks. My plan now is to create 12 of the smaller maps, 3 like this map, covering a larger area, and some rainy streets and alleys for this set. I see another set or sets for other cyberpunky scenes, but deserve their own sets rather than tucked into a general one... enjoy!

GP

Name:	oyster-dive-exotic-club.jpg 
Views:	298 
Size:	3.00 MB 
ID:	118597
    DrivethruRPG store

The 23rd Precinct Police Station is the next modern, cyberpunk, sci-fi map for the set, and the second at the larger size. That orange square at the end of the middle hallway is where inmates are processed and photographed... enjoy!

GP

Name:	police-station.jpg 
Views:	224 
Size:	2.59 MB 
ID:	118612
    DrivethruRPG store

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast