Thread: Map of the Unreliable (The Outer Worlds Fanart)

Default Map of the Unreliable (The Outer Worlds Fanart)

It seems to start being my 'thing' these fanart maps...sowwy for that

Been spending alot of time on my Map of Thra lately and been tinkering with some tools and setting while doing so.
    A few of the things on my 'to practise and learn' things are linework and ageing so I decided to make a quick fanart piece of the Unreliable from the Obsidian game The Outer Worlds.
    Was a fun little project that took me two days in GIMP and I learned a few new things while trying to stay as close to the existing artwork as possible

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Map of the Unreliable jpg.jpeg 
Views:	191 
Size:	2.41 MB 
ID:	118543

Wonderful! I love the simple and balanced layout, the decorations really make it all come together. Nice typography too, although there is maybe something odd going on with the parentheses (I think that's the right word...?) in the quote beneath the title scroll, as the first one is much larger than the second?

In any case, a lovely piece. Makes me more interested to check out the game.
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellerica View Post
    Wonderful! I love the simple and balanced layout, the decorations really make it all come together. Nice typography too, although there is maybe something odd going on with the parentheses (I think that's the right word...?) in the quote beneath the title scroll, as the first one is much larger than the second?

In any case, a lovely piece. Makes me more interested to check out the game.
    Thank you Kel and you’re right about the parentheses :O
    Will fix that later today, appreciate the heads-up hahaha.
    You should check out the game, been fun so far

So much wasted space but it looks good.

i'm really into this. the layout makes me want to kick up and play ftl again

I kind of agree with Vincent here. The layout is great and the map is really legible but I feel you gotta fill those empty spaces. Maybe smuggling compartments or tunnels of some sort for people to crawl in and hide or do some repair/damage ?

Quote Originally Posted by Azélor View Post
    So much wasted space but it looks good.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasR View Post
    I kind of agree with Vincent here. The layout is great and the map is really legible but I feel you gotta fill those empty spaces. Maybe smuggling compartments or tunnels of some sort for people to crawl in and hide or do some repair/damage ?
    I agree, big ship with a small hull in comparison. But that’s what the game has given me to work with and I stuck with it to stay as close to the original artwork as possible
    Allthough it was fun to make, I don’t think I’ll do another spaceship map anytime soon

It is a great looking map anyways

Very nice design and layout. It feels just right.
    And btw, I tend to have the same kind of empty spaces problem with this kind of maps .