Thread: How to Hand-Draw Classic Fantasy Mountains

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

That's a very nice tutorial, Josh (and, for the record, I've enjoyed seeing your other tutorials and maps on IG), but I feel like there's quite a big jump from steps 3 to 4 in that tut. Maybe you could explain your process for laying down the shading/lighting?

Wingshaw

Formerly TheHoarseWhisperer

Quote Originally Posted by Wingshaw View Post
    That's a very nice tutorial, Josh (and, for the record, I've enjoyed seeing your other tutorials and maps on IG), but I feel like there's quite a big jump from steps 3 to 4 in that tut. Maybe you could explain your process for laying down the shading/lighting?

Wingshaw

First of all, thank you, I do appreciate it and am glad you’ve found them helpful ��.

Are you referring to steps 3-4 or did you mean 8-9? Since you mention lighting and shading I assume you meant the latter. Did you click on the link to see the full tutorial or are you just referring to the preview graphic? In which case, yes that’s quite a jump ��.What would you like me to expand upon in that section? It’s good to get feedback to know how I can make things more clear.

- Josh
    Last edited by JoshStolarz; 11-03-2019 at 09:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshStolarz View Post
    First of all, thank you, I do appreciate it and am glad you’ve found them helpful ��.

Are you referring to steps 3-4 or did you mean 8-9? Since you mention lighting and shading I assume you meant the latter. Did you click on the link to see the full tutorial or are you just referring to the preview graphic? In which case, yes that’s quite a jump ��.What would you like me to expand upon in that section? It’s good to get feedback to know how I can make things more clear.

- Josh
    Ah, my apologies... I had assumed that the preview graphic was the tutorial, and I completely missed the link to your site

Please disregard my comment about those steps

Wingshaw

Formerly TheHoarseWhisperer