Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: *** Nov-Dec 2019 Challenge: The Scrolls of Guild ***

Because I'm an apprentice at the Cartographers' Guild (that what's it's written on my badge), I've imagined an apprentice story, a discussion between his master about one of his maps. The apprentice has received an envelope with the annotated map and with the hand-written answer.

Neat challenge Idea! I'm also hoping I can carve time to do something! TIME it's what we need, it ticks on by so fast.
    Portfolio - Instagram - Contact
    open for commissions

Yikes, I want to do this so much. I've got some busy time ahead of me but we'll see as there is also a chance for some downtime....oh man, I want to get in on this.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Quote Originally Posted by Ifrix View Post
    Hmmm, I do have one idea for this. However, should it be related to the city of Guild and the library therein or can we offer up our own unique, abstract take on the "spirit of the Guild"?
    That idea wouldn't really work as a scroll though, so I can probably come up with something else if not.
    Go for spirit of the Guild. Scroll or parchment or whatnot is more ideal, but just make sure that it feels like it was somehow archived at the library.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisCB View Post
    What a challenging... hum... challenge. I don't know yet what I would do, but I will.
    Just have fun with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by MistyBeee View Post
    Do you mean... making simple ? Oh, G... don't you know me better ?
    Hehehe, yes, of course. You will make it so much more complex. And splendid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Voolf View Post
    Very interesting and open for interpretation idea. I hope i can join that one too.
    I hope so too. Even if just to join in the fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisCB View Post
    Because I'm an apprentice at the Cartographers' Guild (that what's it's written on my badge), I've imagined an apprentice story, a discussion between his master about one of his maps. The apprentice has received an envelope with the annotated map and with the hand-written answer.
    Excellent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pomb View Post
    Neat challenge Idea! I'm also hoping I can carve time to do something! TIME it's what we need, it ticks on by so fast.
    Very true. That's why I made it a 2 month challenge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxilon View Post
    Yikes, I want to do this so much. I've got some busy time ahead of me but we'll see as there is also a chance for some downtime....oh man, I want to get in on this.
    Hopefully everyone will be able to jump in with some sort of map.

what areas on the world map still need to get done? I saw you saying 57 but some other areas also seem blank?

I want to have the image double task to help fill up the world map.

Episode 1 ?

Quote Originally Posted by GodofMoxie View Post
    what areas on the world map still need to get done? I saw you saying 57 but some other areas also seem blank?

I want to have the image double task to help fill up the world map.
    I'll have to check and make sure, but I think everyone took all of the countries.
    That said, some people have not completed their lands.
    I need to look back and see.
    I'll get back to you on that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Azélor View Post
    Episode 1 ?
    hehe, well, i don't know if we will do this again or not, but I was just prepping it for the archives in case we do.
    I like what you decided to do. I may have to do some more from Nahadua.
    I'm not sure if I have enough time, but even doing some sketching of areas would be a nice addition to the lands.

Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
    I'll have to check and make sure, but I think everyone took all of the countries.
    That said, some people have not completed their lands.
    I need to look back and see.
    I'll get back to you on that.
    Thanks, I can't easily make heads or tails out of what's going on there.

Guild Expert Guild Supporter aeshnidae's Avatar

What a cool challenge! Since it's two months, hopefully I'll be able to participate. I've missed hanging around the Guild and seeing all of your marvelous maps!

Find me on
    DeviantArt

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast