Thread: Fantasy map WIP Looking for feedback

Wip Fantasy map WIP Looking for feedback

Hello, this is a fantasy map I've been working on for a loooong time. I had some trouble half-way through when a software update for sketchbook pro reset all my default settings without me realising and It reduced the size and ppi of the image so now its tiny and only 100ppi... As i'm new to map drawing I could really use some outside opinions. I also need to decide if I should continue putting time into this or redo it larger. Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fantasy Map WIP.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	660.3 KB 
ID:	118645  

Community Leader Facebook Connected Badger's Avatar

I use sketchbook from time to time... I just looked through all the settings and I can't find a way to switch dpi. That's not to say there isn't one. I know in Photoshop, you can change just about any aspect of the image, so if you have access to this program, you can change the dpi and size and hopefully not lose too much in the process. When you up the dpi or enlarge it, it sometimes loses pixels and looks blocky but you can try it and see. If it looks bad after resizing it, then you can start over and use the enlarged version as a guide to where everything went by using it as a bottom layer.

Hope that helps
    Del

Oh I think I can manually change the dpi under the "Image" settings, as you say I assumed it would end up all pixelated. No harm in trying it though, thanks for the help.

I love all the little things going on in this map but one thing that stands out to me is the mountains have a lot of detail to them, which contrasts with the muted look of the land and sea. Not sure if that's just a personal preference for me or what but it sticks out for me.

mm yeah I agree, I need to find a way to blend the mountains with the land better. Thanks!