Thread: LYUNSK - Fantasy city map

Post LYUNSK - Fantasy city map

Here is a personal project of mine, Lyunsk city. Its work in progress but so far its looking good to me.
    The city is based on some cities in europe like copenhagen, old konigsberg, gdansk and trieste.
    Its a more northern european styled city with canals and big fortifications.

I tried to base it on real examples and make it as historicly correct as possible.
    Im really hoping you guys have some suggestions or improvements for the city because its far from finished

Let me know, im always in for making my projects better.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lyunsk_ fantasy city map.png 
Views:	182 
Size:	5.49 MB 
ID:	118662  
    Last edited by casper1997; 11-06-2019 at 12:38 PM.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Badger's Avatar

What are you using to draw this out with, photoshop? It is looking good to me, it seems to be a fairly large city and those are hard to do (for me anyways). As for suggestions, I might use different colors to identify different types of buildings, like gold for government buildings and blue for monasteries, red for inns and taverns... that sort of thing. What's the scale of the map?

Del

I love the 'star fort' walls, those are very recognizable as inspired by historical maps I've seen. Looks like a vector to me? My suggestion to keep it looking historically correct would be to try get some 'lineart' textures to delineate certain aspects. Maps like these often had the echo water lines, which, in Photoshop, is super easy, and in Illustrator, is a HUGE pain.

Alternatively here's a looping water fill I recently made for a map commission to be historically stylistic if you wanted to fool around with it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lightgreenwaves.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	389.2 KB 
ID:	118719

Quite well done.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!