Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Land of Snow and Ice

Map The Land of Snow and Ice

So, here's the map i made of the northern part of my fantasy World. I've written and published four novels about it and since the brasilian edition didn't have a map at all and readers asked about it I decided to do a new map altogether. Some names are in portuguese because they were translated for the novels and the rest I just had to do in English this time

Tried to make it look like a "real" map… It took a little time but the result is quite satisfying. I used KMAlexander's map resources mainly in the forests and mountains.
    Hope you like it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TerrasDeNeve4000.jpg 
Views:	260 
Size:	9.24 MB 
ID:	118698

That is a splendid map
    You did a great job, and welcome to the Guild

Love that style , just burns with character , a map you want to explore. Awesome job.

Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
    That is a splendid map
    You did a great job, and welcome to the Guild
    Thank you very much!
    Originally the map had 400 Place names but the file had to be huge for them all to be readable so this is a "simplified" map.
    Anyway I was fighting myself between two choices - a coloured map or Black and white like this. Decided on this type because I was looking for a "historical" feeling.

Great work! This map is a showpiece for KMAlexander's brushes. You sure put them to good use, and the whole is definitely more than the sum of its parts.

That is incredible, Sysilouhi!
    Glad you found the brushes useful.

Quote Originally Posted by KMAlexander View Post
    That is incredible, Sysilouhi!
    Glad you found the brushes useful.
    Thank You, KMAlexander - I really did find them more than useful. The problem was that there were so many brushes But they sure were precious! The work You have done for everyone is incredible! I'll post the colour map soon here, too

Quote Originally Posted by jshoer View Post
    Great work! This map is a showpiece for KMAlexander's brushes. You sure put them to good use, and the whole is definitely more than the sum of its parts.
    Thank you very much Couldn't have done it without the brushes.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Badger's Avatar

Welcome to the Guild!! Great job, I'm glad you could make use of the member's resources to help you make a visual representation of the world in which you place your stories. It looks fantastic and I hope to see more of your work

Del

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Nice map ! You've done a great job to make it looks old !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast