Thread: City of Baalmoor docks

Wip City of Baalmoor docks

After taking a vacation to Bangkok, I really was inspired by the city. One thing, it's a major city on a river, where the river is still a major factor in the life of the city. I live in Manhattan, but how the water and the river affects us seemed different. For many people in Bangkok, the river is vital for life, while in Manhattan, it's more of a tourist thing. Like taking the water taxi to go shopping at the Ikea.

While in Bangkok, there are floating markets, where boats loaded with wares, are paddled up to your boat, and the merchants seal to you. Not to mention the amazing street markets all over the place. The Chinatown market was just mind boggling wonderful.

When I got back, I started thinking about the docks for the main city of Baalmoor for a DnD campaign. I had always had some trouble visualizing it in a map. So I had an idea for sort of one of the buildings, and how it would set the tone. It lead to sketching out a whole lot more.

And as it developed, I started thinking more about how the docks work. The money, the politics of how one gets their stuff from ship to dock to into the city. And I came up with this.

Not sure where this will go. If I will work out the whole docks, or maybe use this as the start for something else. But very happy with how this came out as a first proof of concept sketch.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BaalmoorIInstagram.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	782.8 KB 
ID:	118714

Community Leader Facebook Connected Badger's Avatar

I like it! Great isometric drawing, and I love the detail. Hate the red though (that's just my personal thing though, I've never been fond of the color of red). But as it's just a base sketch it's fantastic. One thing though, where are all the docks and river traffic you are talking about??

Del