Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The World of Nossym

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arimel View Post
    Really great job! I love the dragons in the corners of the map and the compass. The coastline looks great!
    Thanks a lot Arimel ! I took some time to draw those dragons. I tried for once not to use a line... not sure it's a success, but I'll try harder...

Quote Originally Posted by arsheesh View Post
    Wonderful piece, I love all of the dragons. The land forms are nice as well. And I appreciate all the detailed map elements as well. Very nice work.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
    Thanks a lot Arsheesh ! I'm glad you liked it

Great work JO. Those little dragons are totally awesome! The rest is top notch as well. I really like it.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxilon View Post
    Great work JO. Those little dragons are totally awesome! The rest is top notch as well. I really like it.
    Thanks a lot, Jax ! Encouraging words !

Splendid! I love all those playfull dragons here and there. The illumination for the title is splendid and an excellent idea (I may steal that ).
    Colors are spot on and the shields very well done and there's a lot of details and places.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Splendid! I love all those playfull dragons here and there. The illumination for the title is splendid and an excellent idea (I may steal that ).
    Colors are spot on and the shields very well done and there's a lot of details and places.
    Thanks a lot, Ilanthar ! I'm glad you like the "not too serious" dragons... The illumination for the title is an adaptation of a illuminated dragon I found on the net... Feel free to steal it : I find medieval illumination a real source of inspiration for a lot of elements, especially in the borders of a map. There's indeed a lot of places, I spent a lot of time labelling, and, at that scale, there's a lot more that aren't showed on this map. Thanks again for the nice words ! It always means a lot for me !

Community Leader Facebook Connected Badger's Avatar

Huh... I thought you drew those dragons. But now that you mention that, I am going to steal them!!

Del

That looks great, Joel
    I love seeing the old and new.
    It's always nice to see how far we progress.

Quote Originally Posted by delgondahntelius View Post
    Huh... I thought you drew those dragons. But now that you mention that, I am going to steal them!!

Del
    Some of them are copied, some of them are adjusted, some of them I created... but don't hesitate to steal all of them !!!! You are very welcome !!!

Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
    That looks great, Joel
    I love seeing the old and new.
    It's always nice to see how far we progress.
    Thanks a lot J. !!! I think it's 5 years between those two maps... and I just discovered Campaign Cartographer at that time. From my point of view, the old map is a disaster, but you're right : the old one makes the new one not too bad !

The overall look and feel of the map is amazing ! I love teh subtle relief, the magnificent illustrations and hte glowing gem is always a win in my book. I feel your color palette has evolved a bit towards something more bright than your usual (leaning towards Arsheesh's style) and I love what you make of it !

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasR View Post
    The overall look and feel of the map is amazing ! I love teh subtle relief, the magnificent illustrations and hte glowing gem is always a win in my book. I feel your color palette has evolved a bit towards something more bright than your usual (leaning towards Arsheesh's style) and I love what you make of it !
    Thanks Thomas for your kind words... Means a lot ! I can't say I really "choose" the color palette... I mainly fellowed the tutorial (with little twitch, here and there), but I liked it and I think I'll keep on with it for other maps

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast