I started with this map on August the 24th and today, Novembre the 9th, I am happy to say it is done!

It has been a long ride with a lot of bumps. I started traditionally with ink and pencils on paper.
Made my first mistake in the first week, started over and added something I was not happy with.
I then decided to do the whole map digitally, bought myself a small Wacom tablet and started experimenting, learning and adjusting.

Documentation has been scarse from the start. There was one production map Jim Henson drew for the movie, one map from the novels without any details and alot of lore on the Crystal's website. But that also left some room for experimenting and artistic freedom
After a few days of work I noticed a whole new production map while watching "The making of the Dark Crystal - Age of Resistance" and did alot of adjustments accordingly.

Despite all the bumps and a whole new learning curve I am very happy with my very first digital map, not a 100%, but close enough

I want to thank everyone for their feedback, suggestions, advice and support.
I might not have used every single one given, but they where appreciated nonetheless.

Final version of the Map of Thra:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Map of Thra Final.jpeg 
Views:	429 
Size:	2.88 MB 
ID:	118726