Thread: Faum - Let The Dice Decide

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip Faum - Let The Dice Decide

Last year during an Iceland vacation my special lady friend and I started creating a new world by using a dice rolling technique where we asked questions and rolled a D20 to answer those questions. The range goes from 1 - not at all to 10 - it's cmplicated to 20 - yes definitely so you have some wiggle room when interpreting the results.

So far we found out that the world of Faum is a huge ice planet inhabited by humans and an indigenous race called Rannsakandi - tall, slender creatures with semi-transparent milky white skin, six fiingers and a trunk-like snout whose color of clothing indicate their age and who are terribly afraid of nudity. Everybody on the planet is linked telepathically to a medium similar to YouTube and the air contains some substance that can be refined into food.

So I recently took a piece of checkered paper and a D8 and rolled for the coastlines of the planet. 1 means the line goes op, 2 to up right, 3 to the right, 4 to down right, 5 down and so on. Whenever it was not possible to continue the line I started a new line randomly on the paper. Then I rolled a D6 for every square on the paper to determine if there are mountains or not with 1-2 indicating that there are mountains. (The rivers were drawn in where they made some sense)
    This method worked surprisingly well and now we have a first draft and might continue to work on a refined, more beautiful looking version.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Faum_WIP.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	1.61 MB 
ID:	118734